I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Friday, February 16, 2007

Just because...


Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine they lay down for the night, and went to sleep.

Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.

"Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?"

Watson pondered for a minute.

"Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I supect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. "Watson, you dickhead. Some bastard has stolen our tent."


A chicken and an egg are lying in bed. The chicken is smoking a cigarette with a satisfied smile on his face and the egg is frowning and looking a tad put out. The egg mutters to no-one in particular "I guess that answers THAT question".



and nothing like a little prayer for good measure:

Serenity Poem

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I cannot accept, And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off. Also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on today, as they may be connected to the ass that I may have to kiss tomorrow

Lovely weekend everybody!

Labels:


Posted by Minka :: 1:39 pm :: 22 Royal Subjects

22 Comments:

At 14:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun. Lovely weekend to you, too, Minka!

 
At 15:14, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Horologically?

Funny start to the weekend. Have a great one!

 
At 16:15, Blogger Minka said...

Quilly, thank you and enjoy ;)

Vegas, Hi*waves* have a lovely weekend you picturesque avatar :)

actonbell, the Sherlock one is one of my favourites and I have used it twice already (pst...donæt tell anybody!) have a relaxing, bookish and teaish weekend :)

 
At 16:19, Blogger Stephanie said...

Those were great!!! Thanks for the laugh!!

Have a super weekend!!

 
At 17:14, Blogger David Amulet said...

I hadn't heard the first joke--I must have missed your earlier posts with it--it's great!!! I'll have to spread that one around.

-- david

 
At 17:30, Blogger Minka said...

snavy, you too. I am actually going to a horse-on -ice show in a few minutes. I can´t wait!

david, be my guest...I saw it somewhere else too and felt the need to spread it around. Some jokes are just good :)

 
At 18:27, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

AMEN and AMEN!

I hope no one pisses you off this weekend or they may find themselves buried in your back yard. :)

Have a nice, relaxing, hot tea drinking weekend.
Thanks for the laugh.

 
At 19:33, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

These were cute. I also loved the Sherlock one like Actonbell.

 
At 20:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but Sherlock Holmes (and Doyle) handled this kind of situation so much more wittily.

"Have we reached the limits of what reason can supply?"

"I fear that we have."

"Surely you do yourself an injustice. One more coruscation, my dear Watson -- yet another brain-wave!"

Yes, Doyle really used the word "coruscation". You can look it up.

;)

 
At 00:03, Blogger Minka said...

jamie, thanx for checking in and a wonderful weekend to you too.

Tom and Icy, that makes four of us. The Sherlock one is one of my permanent collections :)

Oc, you know what?! I am gonna tak eyour word on it...I have actually read a bit by Arthur Conan Doyle and I believe him to be perfectly capable of using vocabulary beyond my comprehension :)

 
At 01:03, Blogger Nessa said...

Very funny. I will be saying the Serenity Prayer every morning to start my day.

 
At 01:54, Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

Have a good weekend. The Holmes one is a good'un...

 
At 16:04, Blogger I Dive At Night said...

There was a good energy floating around this weekend! I hope you enjoyed it a lot!

FYI, way back when the chicken and egg were deeply in love, they used to [arrive] together.

 
At 03:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super fun. The serenity poem was my favorite. You are a silly goose, and I like that a lot!

 
At 11:52, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Minka, it was Arthur Conan Doyle's vocabulary that first inspired me, as a child, to become a ninny.

 
At 15:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have so missed having the time to visit you...just took a few seconds to say hello and wish you a wonderful week as I probably won't have time to come back for awhile.
Love the stories. You gave me a giggle and a smile to start my week.

 
At 16:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

girlfriend! you are suddenly posting a lot these days, and i am having a terrible time keeping up! (okay, so maybe i didn't do much blogging over the weekend, but still... it's kind of embarrassing to drop in so darn late, especially to a party as fun as this) sigh.

uh... okay, so this WOULD have been a great note to start my weekend, as it is, GREAT NOTE TO START OUT THE NEW WEEK. (whew, i think i covered myself, there).

lovelovelove that last variation of the Serenity Prayer, too... may have to use it, m'self, sometime. thanks Penguin! hope your week is as lovely as you are!! xox

 
At 17:34, Blogger tsduff said...

HAPPY CREAM PUFF DAY my dear - eat at least 3 for me. Yum.

Sherlock Holms is my favorite - I had to visit Baker Street when I was in London for a day :-)

 
At 00:15, Blogger Minka said...

godennib, just to be on teh safe side...there is another version for teh more pure of heart. Just in case you wanna give it a look :)

Trundling Grunt, I agree!

Morgan, this weekend sucked for me to some extend, but it did start of well and ended pretty good, so I canæt complain, I guess :)

cindra, silly...yeah i buy that!

Douglas, a ninny? has it to do with martial arts at all?

swampy, whatever you do...I hope those giggles will at least carry you through Tuesday :)

puppy, that would be a darling week indeed. Let´s see if it holds its end of the bargain!

Terry, I saw his museum too when I was in London. And I had 7 total...thank you...I gladly give you the calories of three:) One of my favourite days:)

 
At 19:09, Blogger birdwoman said...

being BIRDwoman, I'm glad for that answer...

I first thought the sherlock holmes was going to be some logic problem. That was very very funny. Thank you for brightening my day!

(*)>

 
At 20:36, Blogger G said...

I have heard the Sherlock/Watson joke before, but it makes me laugh each time. Funny.

 
At 19:46, Blogger Minka said...

Birdwoman, I totally understand.

g, me too :) I just re-read it and I never can wait for the final line :)

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com