I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday Snark

In a few minutes my guest post will appear
out of nowhere
over HERE.

People really shouldn't rhyme this early! Makes them seems unsound. Talking about the loonies, that's what we'll discuss on the Snark today. Come join us!



Happy Wednesday, everybody!

Oh and a little shout-out to the best thing I read last week about impatience:

"Some where a wise man is sitting under a tree. Just sitting. Very patiently waiting. And perhaps he'll wait tomorrow and the next day and the waiting won't bother him a bit. If I was told to wait three days under a tree then by the end of the first day I would have fashioned crude wooden tools from the lower branches. By the end of day two I'd have used the tools to fell the tree and split the wood into planks. By day three I'd have the tree turned into a small shelter with a large bonfire in front. And then I'd probably be told that the tree was magical and now, after my 3-day wait, would grant my wildest wishes.... but uhm, hey, where did the magical tree go?" -Morgan-

Labels:


Posted by Minka :: 9:35 am :: 13 Royal Subjects

13 Comments:

At 12:22, Blogger Mother Theresa said...

I love that cartoon! That's what I'm in for soon. :)

 
At 12:57, Blogger I Dive At Night said...

*blush*

Well, I have recently pestered Minka to post more. And she's posted twice today. (Although one of her posts is mostly stolen.)

Careful what you wish for!

 
At 13:18, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That fable by Morgan deserves repeating. Great cartoon, too.

 
At 16:36, Blogger Nessa said...

Those radical teenage penguins.

 
At 19:03, Blogger Minka said...

Theresa, good luck with that. I am still one of those :)

Morgan, well, it's not my fault that quoting you takes so much space. I fit my points into a short sentence. I really don't have that many :)

Doug, *bows* I do my best. Morgan's metaphor just wow-ed me last Friday.

nessa, I know...thank goodness I am the only penguin in Iceland. It would be the end of this island to have more than me :)

 
At 22:11, Blogger robkroese said...

The voice telling me to take out the garbage, it's my wife, see?

 
At 23:49, Blogger Minka said...

Diesel, I gathered that, but thanks for explaining it. Again! :)

Actonbell, I am actually making a little scrap-book now...I have collected, cut out and googled so many...some of them so hilarious...
If you ever see one in yoru local newspaper or something, use teh scissor and send. please!

 
At 03:05, Blogger tsduff said...

That teenager joke really is golden. LOVE it!

I knew there was some kind of reward for being really patient... Good one.

 
At 10:51, Blogger Minka said...

terry, yeah I love that one too. and patience is something that does not come easy to me, that's why I need constant reminders :)

 
At 11:58, Blogger Doug The Una said...

She was the first woman elected Prime Minister of Norway.

 
At 12:20, Blogger Minka said...

Sorry Doug but we weren't looking for Gro Harlem Brundtland, the answer to today's invisible trivia is ook!

 
At 01:24, Blogger G said...

There's something to be said for laziness, I mean patience after all! I knew it was a good quality of mine ;).

That was good.

 
At 11:13, Blogger Minka said...

G, to lie back in a compfy chair and watch the world proceed unmoved? Yep, love it!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com