I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Thursday, March 01, 2007

It is Thursday and the 1st of March!















first things first:



RABBIT, RABBIT...everybody!

"Spring came, and they had long days in the garden, for wherever the Boy went the Rabbit went too. He had rides in the wheelbarrow, and picnics on the grass, and lovely fairy huts built for him under the raspberry canes behind the flower border. And once, when the Boy was called away suddenly to go out to tea, the Rabbit was left out on the lawn until long after dusk, and Nana had to come and look for him with the candle because the Boy couldn't go to sleep unless he was there. He was wet through with the dew and quite earthy from diving into the burrows the Boy had made for him in the flower bed, and Nana grumbled as she rubbed him off with a corner of her apron."

Hint at the name of the book! Or tell us how it continues or just wish me a lucky March!

Labels:


Posted by Minka :: 12:10 am :: 13 Royal Subjects

13 Comments:

At 01:03, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Gosh, I have no idea about the book but Rabbit! Rabbit! and a lucky March to you!

 
At 01:15, Blogger tsduff said...

RABBIT RABBIT!

My mom used to dress us all in red velvet when we were small.
I shunned it when I was a teen

I loved that book then and now :-D

 
At 03:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lapin Lapin

I had not read that book before. Two kids, a decade of stories, and it still never managed to get served to daughters in the lap. It's a window on life before antibiotics (count your blessings).

May you be forever Real, Minka.

 
At 14:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of us should everyday become more real as the new wears off and the tatters show through.

 
At 15:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do i need to remind you that Chandler gave a vintage copy of this book to Joey's girlfriend, Kathy, in an especially charming episode of Friends?

i didn't think so. ; )

Rabbit, Rabbit, lovely Penguin Penguin! xox

 
At 16:22, Blogger Minka said...

Doug, really? upsadaisy :)Hase, hase!

terry, it is a wonderful book!

Oc...I hope I will. Being real is very important to Minka´s and teddies too ;)

Quilly, you needlework that in some pillow or something:)

neva, indeed you need not. That is how I came to read it;)Joey gave chandler 20 dollars and was puzzled to find that an old book costs almsot as much as a new one :) I love Chandler and I researched most of the stuff he has said, which I did not understand at first. It isn´t easy being me :)

 
At 17:17, Blogger robkroese said...

Well I think I know it based on the comments. But that illustration comes from another book, no?

 
At 18:03, Blogger Minka said...

yeah, the hints were rather good and some downright illuminating :)
The picture is from a German story book I happen to love and this picture depicts a german saying I happen to be very fond off. I was first thinking of put a picture of the......rabbit up, but some of those people playing aorund here on Thursdays are too smart for their own good:)

 
At 07:02, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I had a guess and tsduff confirmed it.
I really don't remember much about the story though.
Happy March! May it bring you good luck!

 
At 09:21, Blogger I Dive At Night said...

Hase Hase Minka!

"I am Real!" said the little Rabbit. As we all should try to be.

My mom loves this story, and yet I forget most of it.

 
At 11:07, Blogger Minka said...

actonbell, nobody can improve on that hint, I think! Have a wonderful March!

Jamie Dawn, thank you...I might need it this weekend!

Morgan, well it is short and easily discovered on the net, check it out...you know you want to;)

 
At 03:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the book too...won't even try to hint, i'm so late...AGAIN. My baby turns three tomorrow. On three three!

 
At 09:32, Blogger Minka said...

cindra, wow...3 on teh third of March. That is quite some numeric delight. I hope you and your baby have a wonderful time, all the best!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com