I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Burka-Band

While browsing blogs I came across this very funny-in my odd opinion- video on Cube´s blog and just had to regurgitate it over here:



In the Taliban regime music was forbidden, the possession of an instrument could be punished with death -that, and not wearing your Burka!- ... now here is a new Afghan women´s pop-music group. Enjoy!

Labels:


Posted by Minka :: 11:56 am :: 7 Royal Subjects

7 Comments:

At 12:47, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Ow, my ears. I'm voting Taliban in '08.

 
At 17:36, Blogger I Dive At Night said...

The Burka Band, it should have been obvious!

???

 
At 16:23, Blogger Nessa said...

That will be number one by tomorrow.

 
At 22:54, Blogger Minka said...

Doug, yeah...my ears rang too:)

Morgan, doesn´t it though?!

goldennib, well it does have a catching beat!

 
At 23:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

laughing. and laughing and laughing!

i can't decide what part cracks me up the most: those lyrics, the choreography (especially the dancing fingers...) or that announcer telling us this group also sings Sinatra's "New York, New York" (at least i think that's what he was saying). too funny.

excellent (yet-disturbing) find, lovely Penguin! xox

 
At 11:37, Blogger Minka said...

neva, I know...he says in teh end that they are in teh process of making a new song called "Kabul, Kabul" which is leaned on Frank Sinatra´s "New York, New York"! My German is pretty good ;)

 
At 15:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com