I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Saturday, January 27, 2007

lots of stuff......

...tagged myself. Nobody wanted to play with me so like a dog on its own I chased my own tail. Saw this over at Quilly´s and decided to bite into it! Woof!

1. If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be? Anywhere next to some trees. Nothing shows the seasons quite like a tree :)

2. What’s your favorite article of clothing? *grins* Ok, family friendly....my t-shirts. I have a thing for cool t-shirts and they do cover most :)

3. Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex? This is so lame, but I do focus on eyes first and hands next. A girl needs to have her priorities sorted!

4. What’s the last CD that you bought? German Christmas songs. Don´t do it!

5. Where’s your favorite place to be? Outside, alone on horseback.

6. Where is your least favorite place to be? Downtown Reykjavik on a Saturday night. I don´t like human meat markets!

7. What’s your favorite place to be massaged? Feet and midsection of my back.

8. Strong in mind or strong in body? Since we can´t have our cake and eat it too, I´d have to say strong in mind.

9. What time do you wake up in the morning? Dependng on my shifts, around 9 and then I have an extra ten minutes of a nap for breakfast. I am not a morning person! The nights are my territory.

10. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? Coffee machine and the nutcracker, just because!

11. What makes you really angry? People intentionally hurting people I love.

12. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? I can sorta play almost two. And that is way beyond my musical ability.

13. Favorite colour? Blue.

14. Which do you prefer…sports car or SUV? Otto Dumbledore. I have to be loyal, ´cause he is!

15. Do you believe in an afterlife? No. I only get one chance, so I better make the best of it!

16. Favorite children’s book? The BFG by Roald Dahl.

17. What is your favorite season? Spring, nothing like the promise of new life.

18. Your least favorite household chore? Drying the dishes. Hate it with a passion! I am lucky that I have a tendency to break stuff, so I usually donæt get asked :)

19. If you could have one super power, what would it be? The sense to realize that a body-tight suit is just so last century!

20. If you have a tattoo, what is it? I don´t have one, I´d love one though. A tiny one on my ankle, but I hate needles. Maybe for a reason ;)

21. Can you juggle? I really am not the person to be entrusted with more than one thing to carry at a time.

22. The one person from your past that you wish you could go back and talk to? That little dude that used to tease me in first grade, I bet I could kick his a** now!

23. What’s your favorite day? Monday, somebody ought to!

24. What’s in the trunk of your car? A sleeping bag, car cleaning stuff and my Christmas tree. Don´t ask!

25. Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger? can I have steak instead?


...Iceland beat Slovenia 32/31 today in the World Championship of Handball. We made it to the Quarter Finals. WE!!!Needless to say I was wearing my Viking hat while watching the game with dad and my brother. Dad kept kicking my elbow whenever we scored and I did show him a yellow card and polstered myself with mom´s knitting wool! I´ll be injured for teh game tomorrow against Germany...but we will show those Germans a thing or two about island folks!



...Last but not least. My teenage love has returned and I thought that would never happen. Here is Take That with their newest hit. What was I thinking? But that Gary Barlow sure owned my heart!

Labels:


Posted by Minka :: 7:48 pm :: 19 Royal Subjects

19 Comments:

At 23:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

16. The BFG?? A children's book? Hey, if The Cat In The Hat is college level these days, the BFG is advanced-degree stuff! ;0

18. But everybody knows that you're not supposed to dry dishes. You're supposed to let them air dry. More sanitary.

Handball??

 
At 01:42, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Good for Island. I'm going to stay neutral on tomorrow's game just in case you're pulling a fake-out.

 
At 04:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so your loyalties are obvious...yer now an islander. Great tag on yourself. I may tag myself.

 
At 15:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This meme has gotten more play then it ever would have with tags! Five people lifted it from me and one of them was a stranger passing by. (I love wordpress, it tells you stuff like that.)

#1 -- no trees -- just one of the reasonsd I hate Vegas.

#24 -- not asking. Seriously wondering, but not asking.

#25 ground steak

 
At 18:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THe scenery in that video is gorgeous, even on my dark monitor.
And that's a neat meme. I agree that trees are wondrous, and I would've pounced on the sushi--spicy tuna roll! They rock, they really do.
Personally, I wanna fly, and I'd gladly dry the dishes, if you'll do the vacuuming, okay?

 
At 19:05, Blogger Minka said...

Oc, I have always been ahead of teaching expectations. handball. A game palyed with a ball thrown from hand to hand into the net of hopefully teh opposing team.

Doug, zoze Germanz won us. We played a lousy first half and I was almost crying. The second half was mcuh better. We lost but with style and teh game didn´t matter ´cause we already had made it to teh quarter finals. Still...I checked myself every now and again and realized I was pulling for teh Icelandic team, and wishing the German players would trip. I have been brian washed!

cindra, I will be delighted to read it. It is a fun one too and easy to answer ;)

Quilly, some meme´s need no tags to be lifted. Thsi was one of them and you and Oc made it fun enough to wanna follow :)
Actonbell, you´ve got yourself a really weird deal. Wonder what Ekim will say to me moving in. A word between bloggers is binding in the realm of the Ice-Queen *starts packing*

 
At 01:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in from Colorado. Loved reading the tag. I posted three last week. Whew! I'm almost tagged out.

 
At 03:08, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I enjoyed reading your answers. It gave me a deeper look into your crazy mind! :)

The massage question is my favorite. I LOVE massage!
If I were rich, I'd hire a personal masseuse.

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...

The last comment you left at my blog was hilarious. Your humor is sharp!!!!

 
At 08:35, Blogger Minka said...

swampy...I find that tags are helpful whenever teh brain shows limited atcivity :)

jamie, thank you. It was due!

sinksinksocks, riveting stuff...now get out!

 
At 12:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning...I'm back ! Thanks for the visit. Just wanted to urge you to join us for Fun Mondays. Last week those who participated posted a picture of what was out their front door. It was so much fun to see everyone's views. You can go back to the links on my January 22 post to look at some. Erik, then decided it was so much fun, challenged us to post baby pictures this Monday. Then, he tagged me to continue with some kind of challenge, which you read on my post today. Next Monday, just link us to someone's post that was one you were especially impressed with. I, in turn, tagged Marnie. She is to give us directions for the following Monday, February 5. It is just a fun way of "meeting" new bloggers and learning more about bloggers you already know. So, hope you'll join us and anyone else, for that matter who thinks it might be fun and interesing is SO welcome to join. Just leave your URL's so I can post them next Monday.

 
At 12:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Monday Monika!

But uhm, what's the real answer to number 2? What's the non-family-friendly item of clothing you were going to type?

 
At 15:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovelovelove the music video -- and most certainly this meme. somehow, i suspect some of this information might come in handy for someone, *some* day... (tho', certainly not that spammer in the "sink socks", i mean, what's up with that??) xox

*prints out meme, files in cabinet under "Useful Info"*

 
At 15:19, Blogger Minka said...

swampy, yeah I think I got teh rules down now...next Monday I´ll check the progress :)

Morgan, now why would you focus on that. Out of all teh needless information at your disposal? You give credit to teh concept of male though, I gues sthat´s soemthing :)

neva, it sure should come in handy. Personally, I think people should always make notes. So far:
no cinnamon
lots of complex carbohydrates
and dark chocolate with a taste of orange

that´s nto asking too much, is it?

 
At 21:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, the video was a gorgeous look at Iceland, wowza!
faboo meme, may have to do.
Also, would you, my lovely, mind emailing me your postal adress?
I have a little something the Things and I found that I think you would quite enjoy.

 
At 23:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snicker* WE'll need more beer.

 
At 04:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note to self - if Minka is ever in your home, do not haver her dry dishes or carry more than one from the table for that matter.

That was fun and even enjoyed the toe tapping video. Somebody ought to sock sink sink.

 
At 11:47, Blogger Minka said...

Logo, will do and why thank you!

Actonbell, do we? looka round you, some people are already lying on the floor!

G, you almost could, ´cause sock sick sick was commenting right behind you.

sss...If you think that you can force me to put my verifier on , than you are almost there!

 
At 01:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After few years: Hello! Good to see you are alive and kicking strong. Well, I try to find your e-mail-address somewhere.

 
At 20:14, Blogger Minka said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com