I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday Trivia and a little Good-Bye!


Don´t cry...it is only gonna be good bye for a little while!
I am off to Germany in about three hours. I have been waiting for this anxiously for the last weeks. World Championship in Soccer, my three little nieces and heat. I live in Iceland, at leats you have to give me the heat! I´ll be back on this ice-cube on the 3rd of august. I have done my homework though and located 3 internet cafes in the city I am staying, I just hope I will find them.
But I couldn´t leave without giving you guys one final Thursday Trivia, your brain cells need the exercise...believe me!

His early years as a Roman emperor were marked by moderation despite the occasional poisoning of a rival. Several years after taking the throne, he had his mother killed for criticizing his mistress. He then divorced his wife and had her executed. Scholars have acquitted him of starting the fire that destroyed most of Rome, but his citizens revolted over it, and the senate deemed him a public enemy. Rather than be judged, he left Rome and committed suicide in 68 A.D.

If you think you got it go to the comment section and HINT!!! at the right answer. Since I am away I have decided to punish Doug for his over-zeallousness Doug has volunteered to look through your comments and guide you along your quest for knowledge.

On a more important note. It would be nice if you guys could come around on the 17th of July and wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Everyone of you is allowed a huge slice of cake and I´ll deal with the calories!

Ok, you guys...I am really gonna miss you loads and I hope all of you are blessed with a wonderful summer and July! Rabbit, rabbit and all...

Be nice, believe in yourself and remember that I am always first over at WA, invisible or not!

bye....

Posted by Minka :: 6:35 pm :: 31 Royal Subjects

31 Comments:

At 19:02, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Doug, you sound like Monika. Wrong blog.

 
At 19:51, Blogger Minka said...

Ok Doug, here is my hint.

it is almost like a really famous cookie spelled backwards. ALMOST!

 
At 20:12, Blogger Fred said...

Something about the opposite of far, I believe. Almost.

Have a great trip!

 
At 21:03, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Minka, only with you typing it. Safe trip, Mädchen.

Brian, check,

Fred yes but points off for repeating Brian's. I know, Minka's nicer.

 
At 22:10, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Actonbell, that's a great hint!

 
At 22:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no one would accuse him of pandering to Christians.

(actually, my first thought was that his name rhymes with the original star of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum", but then i decided that was just...lame.)

Minka... by now you are well on your way! I hope you have a wonderful trip, and enjoy a month's worth of warm weather!

 
At 22:59, Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 23:00, Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

his name used to be a very popular name for German Sepherds in Hungary at he same time every Snaucer was called Atos. (in the 70's.)

 
At 23:36, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Neva, I like the one you pretended not to say.

Ariel, that's a hint every Magyar can use.

 
At 00:14, Blogger Fred said...

I guess I should read the few comments above mine next time. So, for a few more points, how about scrambling the letters to a city in Nevada?

 
At 03:05, Blogger TLP said...

A piano giant named Peter has his last name.

Have a great trip.

 
At 03:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

would more folks have known if i'd said:

The original star of "The Producers" who is not Gene Wilder? (who lives in Stamford and shops at our grocery store, by the way? Gene Wilder. Not the other original star. He's dead. Just like Minka's mystery history man)

 
At 03:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip, darlin'! :)

 
At 03:49, Blogger Doug The Una said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 03:49, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Fred, I restore your score.

TLP, yes but if he's such a giant how come I don't have any of his albums? Are you saying I'm not cultured?

Neva, ir wouldn't have helped me much although I'm curious about Gene Wilder. What does he buy?

Thanks, Shayna. I leave for Missouri this weekend ;-)

 
At 04:30, Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

numer 2 matrix master (number 1 being Jamie Dawn's hubby) has his name one letter short.

 
At 04:39, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Yes, Ariel! and universal, by which I mean American.

 
At 06:57, Blogger Logophile said...

He competed in the Olympics and did quite well, what with one thing and another.

Have a VERY good trip, Minka, my love and you will be first in Doug's comment box and in our hearts no matter where we are, long live the queen.

 
At 07:10, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You ARE number one over at Doug's place!!!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation, full of sunshine and warmth.
Take lots of photos to share when you get back.
We LOVE pictures!!

 
At 12:14, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Very impressive, Logo. I googled and 6 gold medals without finishing a race.

Jamie Dawn, first at Doug's place is Minka. We're looking for a Roman.

 
At 14:44, Blogger Stephanie said...

Have a great trip sweetie!!! You'd better find those cafes!!

Your birthday is on my 1/2 birthday - teehee - I will not forget!!

 
At 15:57, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's nice, Snavylyn. December 34?

I just came by to say the world is destroying America with this World Cup stuff. On ESPN.com right now the headline is "Obdurate battle in Berlin." We don't talk like that. I don't even talk like that.

 
At 17:50, Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

congrats to Germany! man that was a GODDAMNED HEART ATTACK!

 
At 23:18, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Ariel, you know I had a little screen on my computer open showing little dots for shots and goals and that was exciting.

 
At 03:57, Blogger G said...

I'm with you Doug - the little dots showing the goals. Riveting! They should have just thrown his fiddle in as kindling. Well Minka, this was a nice way to start your holiday! Enjoy and I believe a Happy Birthday is in order. See - everyone misses you terribly.

Yeah Neva, what is Gene Wilder buying? Insipid minds want to know. I hope hair conditioner.

 
At 05:00, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Haha, G. the birthday is the 17th.

I just came to say Hase Hase

 
At 12:34, Blogger cube said...

It rhymes with zero. Too easy.

BTW have a happy summer!

 
At 17:13, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

If his name began with a Z he would be nothing, NOTHING I TELL YOU!!!

I read somewhere you will be gone 30 days! 30 FRIGGIN' DAYS?!?!?!?!

WHY GOD WHY?????

 
At 18:44, Blogger Tim Rice said...

Ah, I guess I came by a little late. I was going to say that he was a total zero in true statesmanship.

 
At 02:46, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Check, Cube. Minka seems to have gotten on the plane so that part of her vacation probably went well.

Miz B, that's right. RIGHT I SAY!!!!!

Tim, there's a lot of that running around.

Since everyone seems to know this, yes, the answer was NERO!!!!!!!

This space may still be used for wishing Minka well, wishing her Happy Birthday on and around the 17th, misspelling "the," and sports reporting.

 
At 11:10, Blogger Minka said...

Thanks you guys!
you have done wonderfully in my absence and Doug´despite expectation-did an almost polite job!
Thank you for playing along even though I am not there. I'll clean the place up now after you partied here and believe it or not....I'am back!!

Thanks Doug, you've been a real sport!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com