I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Meme

1) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
"Really?"

2) Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and see what you touch.
A white blanket on my sofa. I like to snuggle up in it and pretend teh day hasn´t started.

3) What is the last thing you watched on TV?
"Lost", it shows here Mondays at 22.20!
Jack and Sawyer played Poker! The stuff series are made off!

4) Without looking, guess what time it is.
12.30 PM

5) Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
12.43 PM, that was good wasn´t it? I would like to thank all my German genes for that one!

6) With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?My two birds and Mozart´s "Le nozze di Figaro" gently in the background. I have a day off and that means I am still not dressed and indulging myself -no, not like that!-with a cup of coffee, extensive blog-reading and some good music.

7) When did you last step outside? What were you doing?About 10 minutes ago. I saw it snowing outside my window and decided to step outside and feel if my sight is not betraying me. It is infact snowing. I don´t wanna talk about it!

8) Before you started this survey, what did you look at?Logo´s blog...that is where this meme comes from! Duh! Was that a trick quetsion?

9) What are you wearing?
Wouldn´t you like to know!

10) Did you dream last night?
Yes, I always do-willingly or not!

11) When did you last laugh?
When I checked my e-mail this morning and found a funny remark in one of those letters. Also my bird just flew against the window. I cleaned them yesterday and it seems I did a good job! I know I am not supposed to laugh, but sometimes Harry Klein is just that stupid!

12) What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Clockwise...
bookshelves, drawer, stereo, lazy-boy, windows(6 of them),my couch and me!

13) Seen anything weird lately?
Didn´t I just mention it is snowing outside?!

14) What do you think of this quiz?
I had no idea what to blog about. When I went over and read Logo´s I thought "wow, this is funny, I´ll just do that!". Now that I am doing it, not so funny...

15) What is the last film you saw?
Da Vinchi Code. No comment!

16) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A new laptop, lots of books and a private jet. I would put the first two things into the third and travel for as long as my money lasts. Considering the petrol prices -not very long!

17) Tell us something about you that we don't know.
I have tiny ears and tiny feet. No! That does not make me a hobbit! Have you seen those hairy big feet on them creatures!

18) If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
See, I knew one of these questions would come up. I don´t know! If I knew, I´d might be doing it already...Our world is far to screwed up, for a single thing being able to change it!

19) Do you like to dance?
Sure I do. When I am alone and nobody is watching. Believe you me, my shower has heard quite a few vocals and my bathroom is witness to some of the oddest steps ever!

20) George Bush
Senior or Junior? ah...why bother!

21) Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Mia Isabella

22) Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Thatcher!-no just kidding, I don´t hate my child!

23) Would you ever consider living abroad?
I am! I think I could imagine living almost anywhere. We moved a lot when I was young and that has made me fairly adaptable to new environments. I am still working on loving Iceland though. Some days are harder than others. Did I mention it was snowing?

24) What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
"I am sorry there has been a mistake. No room has been booked for you in this resort. But if you take the south route for a while, I am sure there´ll be some people happy to see you there!"

I am so gonna pay for that one!

Done? This wasn´t as bad as I thought!

Posted by Minka :: 12:44 pm :: 32 Royal Subjects

32 Comments:

At 16:23, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Ironically, " Now that I am doing it, not so funny..." made me laugh out loud.

So, how's the weather?

 
At 18:11, Blogger The Village Idiot said...

So..now I know that minka is not a Hobbit!

This is good news!

 
At 19:00, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

*hands Minka kyahgirl's parka*

I'm not going to need this till November. You can hang on to it.

 
At 20:42, Blogger Fred said...

See you down south. In fact, I'm sure a few of us will be down there.

 
At 22:06, Blogger Mo'a said...

Hard to believe....where is the Gulf Stream?
This was a tough meme.....but as always you did a good job....you are no kjani!!!! I hope you don't mind that I did a little translation for our MizB.

 
At 23:20, Blogger Tim Rice said...

That was fun reading although these memes are always so much more difficult to do. I can't believe it's snowing there either though it's been cooler here recently in the sixties. Actually that is pleasant weather though I like it better in the upper seventies.

 
At 23:23, Blogger Tim Rice said...

That was fun reading though it is always more difficult to do for one's self. I can't believe either that it is snowing there even though it has been a bit cooler here recently in the sixties. Actually that is pretty pleasant but right now I want it to be in the upper seventies. :)

 
At 03:57, Blogger Stephanie said...

I copied Logo too and did this - I had fun with it!!

 
At 04:31, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Birds and Mozart. What a combo.

Minka is NOT a Hobbit!!

 
At 04:35, Blogger tsduff said...

Monika, it is quite fun visiting your place. I have a daughter your age. I'm not worried at all that it is raining, snowing, and who knows what else in Iceland. I'll be there in 28 days... and I CAN'T WAIT :-D

 
At 05:32, Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

'Heaven for climate, Hell for the company.' ROTFL!

and is it good for you that you are not a hobbit? and is it good for us? :-P

 
At 06:11, Blogger Logophile said...

I love it!
I am so glad you did this, it was fun to read, and yes, darling, your tiny eared self is quite amusing.

 
At 21:38, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

You definitely are no kjani! Not at all!

I looooveee knowing more about my fab sistah! Hey, come on over already! It is nice and sunny here and Lil' M is running around naked all the time so if that's not proof for warm times I don't know what is!

Sooo, in the meanwhile here's much heat wave vibes coming your way!

 
At 00:47, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Hey, isn't it Thursday in Iceland?

 
At 04:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed this... *chuckling away*

 
At 06:31, Blogger Alana said...

LOST!

I just saw the season finale and have to tell you, Jack and Swyer playing poker...it doesn't get much better than that!

Of course if we're talking about hot, that Syid!

 
At 11:39, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Her husband's name was Philemon and he became an oaktree at the same time!

 
At 14:12, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hey Minka!!!! Where are you.
Not snowed under I hope.
xoxo

 
At 15:50, Blogger Minka said...

Guys...I am busy and wonæt probably be able to blog until late tonight.
Am in the countryside, have to train horses, because our summergirl got injured and is incapable of riding for a ocuple of days. Will return late to Reykjavik and I´ll be blogging like hell. Hope you guys have a lovely Thursday! See you later!

Doug, stop being such a smart-a** ! :)

 
At 16:59, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

glad to hear from you minka-you know how us cyber buddies have to stick together. Your new avatar is so cute! Fat penguin indeed :-)

 
At 19:58, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Sorry, Minka. Enjoy the riding and we'll look forward to your return. I may be a smart-a** again, though. Scorpion and the frog kind of thing.

I can't wait to see the new avatar full size.

 
At 20:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YouYou!

Kyah you may have just jinxed us for bad weather. Sigh. If it nows, I'm coming after you.

Doug can stop being a smart a**?

(pulls up a chair and sits down to watch) This I gotta see.

So...when does the show start?

 
At 20:13, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I LOVE the new avatar! Funny!

 
At 20:56, Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

are you serious that Philemon was the man? and I've always thought that was the woman. geez...

 
At 13:51, Blogger Minka said...

I am back people!
Now I have some catching up to do, so I start commenting on your comments and later publish a lovely post about my past days!

*deep breaths, everybody!*

 
At 14:02, Blogger Minka said...

Doug, how´s the weather? You really wanna pull at that threat?

TVI, I have always thought myself more of a fairy than a hobbit. Good news for all of us. *sends some fairy dust in direction of the idiot*

Kyahgirl, such a lovely gesture. I´ll take it, sow it together with mine and that should keep me warm for a while :) *bows gratefully*

Fred, it will be a blast. I´ll bring the meat, you the beer and I hear the grill is already going :)

Móa, the gulfstream went to another area with hope of a better climate :) I am glad you explained teh concept of a kjan to Miz B! It is an important concept and apparently not one to be associated with me:)

Tim, you are trying to make me jeallous? :) It will get better here though. I love the Icelandic summer and I am hopefully it will come. Although last Tuesaday at around 16.00 we had really warm weather. maybe I missed the summer already?

Actonbell, I had all the cold climate I am gonna need. I´d settle for a nice fire somewhere with good company for the rest of my life. The dialogue was bad and Tom Hanks-a very good actor- not right for this part!

Snav, I am gonna check it out in just a bit:) I bet you did great. and...it is usually a good thing to copy Logo!

 
At 14:23, Blogger Minka said...

Jamie, how did you know? I have too little body-hair I guess. Although there are worse things than being a hobbit, I guess. Imagine to be living in a hole in teh ground. Will there be good lighting to paint...so many question, so little time :)

tsduff, I always complain but i love living here. It is a wonderful place and you´ll love it. Have a safe trip and if you are in reykjavik, we´ll probably pass each other:) And welcome back!

Ariel, your´s is a question with many possible answers, at the moment I am incapable however, of venturing one :)

Logo, coming from you that means quite something. Thank you!

Finnegan...quite!

Miz B. *bathing in the heatwaves* Thank you!

Doug, no it is actually friday today. A calender maybe!?

shayna, chuckle away! You can always come an re-read :) And if you want another good one. Check out Logo´s or Snav´s as well :)

Squaregirl, I hear you. That Sayid is some hot looking dish! very sexy. I think the two of us would get along quite well. Except that we´d be fighting for the same guys all the time:)

Doug, you know I love you to bits, but keep pushing it...! :)

Kyahgirl, nope...not snowed under. I was probably on horseback the moment you were asking. At that moment I was however burried...under a pile of clothes :) And yes, isnæt my penguin just adorable?

Doug, you know you´ll always get away with it ;)

Jenna, i mad eyou some pop-corn while you are waiting :) Soem winde maybe? And here is a blanket. no reason to be uncompfy at my site :)

Doug, I am delighted it meets your approval. I laughed when I saw it and I just had to get it!

ariel, yes his Hint confuse dme as well a little. It is teh first time he got it wrong :) That happens when one is over-eager!

 
At 14:34, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Really? Baucis was the old man? You're right. Too much coffee.

 
At 14:42, Blogger Minka said...

that´s a good boy! Well done...it only took you two days :) This was a hard one though!

 
At 17:56, Blogger CozyMama said...

that was good, I liked your answers!!! Do you have summer in Iceland?????

 
At 17:57, Blogger CozyMama said...

i just started the 2nd blog for my team!!!! :)

 
At 18:41, Blogger Minka said...

Jodes, yes we do. Although this year it is letting us wait. The usmmer here is actually very nice. Not too hot, not too cold. Perfect!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com