I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Sunday, January 08, 2006

What a weekend!

Friday evening I went to the countryside, where a couple of us decided to have girl´s night. I am sure Mom will show pictures and talk about it at length. Let it surfice for now that facial masks, predicting of futures, calling of ghosts and herbal tea were involved to a great extend. To everyone´s delight we did all that without any warmth, the heater broke down. Now just picture this: darkness, coldness, blankets, candles ... a bunch of girls with a tendency to silliness and the howling of the wind outside. Need I say more? It was real spooky!
We made it safely back to town next day and decided to have a normal Icelandic Saturday evening. Everyone can have that really anywhere...the main ingredient being loads of alcohol. Now I have been living with my folks for 8 years here and they have never seen me "under the influence" -that they know of- and I was quite fine with that. This morning when I came upstairs Mom gave me that smile that you only get when a weekness has been exposed on your part and combined with a careless voice and the sentence "Did ye have fun last night?" I knew she must have seen me getting in early this morning...although I can´t remember her being somewhere around. See when you never do something like this and then you overdo it once...everyone will remember! But alas, this too shall pass. Let it be known...I enjoyed myself very much and had a great time. *chuckle*

Upps: the picture features the new bed-sheets Mom made for me at Christmas. The bed in question was occupied by three adorbale-yet tired- little guys at the moment of picture taking, who have snuggled in there while I was about doing something else. I usually hook them up with a good movie there.

Posted by Minka :: 8:14 pm :: 11 Royal Subjects

11 Comments:

At 23:25, Blogger TLP said...

You have three great-looking men in your bed! Boy howdy!

I mean: Jeez! You better never complain about having man-trouble again. Girl, you got it made.

 
At 23:42, Blogger Fred said...

Nothing like a little alcohol to make the evening a success. I've got a post in mind about that, we'll see how it develops.

Nice picture, too. The boys are cute!

 
At 00:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I saw you coming home sweety. I woke up three seconds before the door opened:)
MOm

 
At 00:51, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Glad you had fun, Monika. Cheers!

 
At 03:33, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

TLP said it best!

Hope you had fun and here's to some great partying always!

 
At 05:28, Blogger Minka said...

Yeah...those three guys are great and they really are very beautiful children. On this picture yesterday they were extremely tired and somewhat annoyed at my obsessive picture taking...you see I turned on the light while they tried to focus on a film. But I get away with it! The one in the middle is my best little friend Smari!

 
At 05:34, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Enjoy while you're young.

 
At 11:35, Blogger Unknown said...

i love those girlie get-togethers! specially when you have cute guys to come home to :))

 
At 13:12, Blogger Minka said...

TLP, I won´t complain again. I love those three as if they were my own!
Fred, I agree. I used to not drink at all. But lately I have come to appreciate the wine-glass with a good dinner when eating out. And sometimes you just have to let you soul fly free.
Mom, sometimes you should juts be in your room. What business do you have outside you bed in the middle of the night, is what I would like to know ;)
Doug, Prost and Skal!!!
Miz Bohemia, to an enjoyable lfe ahead. Cheers!
Tom and Icy, thanx for calling me young. A stretch of imagination...but I like it!
Karma...those are not my guys. I don´t have children...yet! They are my sister´s sons and soemtime sthey come to Reykjavik and stay overnight :)

 
At 20:31, Blogger Sar said...

I'm so happy to hear you had a great gal's night out. I too enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner out. When you come to see me someday (and you better!) we'll go have a nice gal's night out with dinner, wine and pedicures! :)

Oh, for the future, if you're mom hadn't known about your drunken outing before, I'm pretty sure she would've caught on pretty quickly from your blog post. ;)

 
At 21:44, Blogger Biene said...

Sar, you are so clever!
Mom

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com