I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sex Shops, Girls´ Night and Thursday Trivia...


I really hope you guys are ready for all of this:)
I made plans with a friend of mine to go and see Memoirs of a Geisha. The book was great, so I really lwas looking forward to seeing it. We met and decided to grab a bite to eat before the movie and went into a coffee-place where we were ignored for about 20 minutes and marched out with a glare of disdain. On our way to the cinema we passed three sex-shops within a 100 meters of each other, seriously. Rules of Competion: a concept lost on some countries!
We bought the tickets, looked into an old bookstore when my phone started to ring:


Mom: "Where are you?"
Monika: "Downtown"
Mom: "When you are you coming?"
Monika: "Where to?"
Mom:"It´s Girls´ Night at my place...starting in 30 minutes, everybody is on their way."
Monika: "I totally forgot, I already have tickets to see a movie, what should I do?"
Mom: "That is really your choice dear, we´d really miss you very much; it wouldn´t be the same witout you. Of course you should come, but it is entirely up to you!"
Monika:-guilt creeping all over me- "hmmm...I´ll call you back!"


So I send my friend back home - sweety, I hope you´ll forgive me and I see you Saturday-, made the ticket person give me my money back and jumped into the next bus home to MOM. I am glad I did. It was so much fun. All the queens of our tribe -the pic above features the newest addition- in one room :) Mom put such an effort into it, that I would have never forgiven myself, if I wouldn´t have shown up. She had candles burning everywhere, an entire dinner ready, the place settings ironed, and purchased all sorts of materials that we could use for our crafty-evening. I made that little orange thingy to hold my mobile phone. Now, while I am blessed with many things, creativity is not one of them...so everybody complement my accomplishment! And please have in mind taht I got injured while doing it :) The scissor decided at one point that it would be more red if it would go through my finger instead of the material.

Last, but not least...Thursday Brainteaser!

This monk’s abbey was located in Champagne, France, in the 17th century. He mixed different kinds of grapes together to make a bubbling wine, which is now called champagne. This particular kind of champagne is named after him.

If you think you got it. Go to the comment section and HINT! at the right answer answer.

Posted by Minka :: 11:37 pm :: 48 Royal Subjects

48 Comments:

At 03:43, Blogger Sar said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. And your cell pouch is adorable (as is that cute little baby)!

Okay, brain teaser. Let's see, if I'm not mistaken (which I very well could be), he shares a first name with the portly comedian Mr. DeLouise.

 
At 04:10, Blogger Doug The Una said...

A beautiful and well-crafter holster, good for your cell-phone or a dainty pistol. Extraordinary work.

Friar Tuck?

 
At 04:17, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Monika

 
At 04:17, Blogger Doug The Una said...

wants

 
At 04:17, Blogger Doug The Una said...

comments

 
At 04:17, Blogger Doug The Una said...

but

 
At 04:17, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I've

 
At 04:18, Blogger Doug The Una said...

little

 
At 04:18, Blogger Doug The Una said...

little

 
At 04:18, Blogger Doug The Una said...

to

 
At 04:18, Blogger Doug The Una said...

say.

 
At 04:18, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I

 
At 04:18, Blogger Doug The Una said...

can't

 
At 04:18, Blogger Doug The Una said...

riddle

 
At 04:19, Blogger Doug The Una said...

or

 
At 04:19, Blogger Doug The Una said...

say

 
At 04:19, Blogger Doug The Una said...

something

 
At 04:19, Blogger Doug The Una said...

witty

 
At 04:19, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'll

 
At 04:19, Blogger Doug The Una said...

wish

 
At 04:19, Blogger Doug The Una said...

her

 
At 04:20, Blogger Doug The Una said...

my

 
At 05:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol
No idea, but I am all for helping a sister out, 34 it will be!
And congrats on the quiz, btw, you did well.
And thanks for the compliment on the audioblog, I really ought to plan those better if I am going to continue.

 
At 05:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!
Dom Perignon?

 
At 05:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS
I can't spell

 
At 11:18, Blogger Minka said...

Sar, Thank you and a good guess.
Doug, you continue to amaze me beyond belief. It is already 34 comments, and I think you might be largely behind those :)
Logo, thanx for stopping by. It is a pleasure to have you here. A nice guess with the riddle...in case you wanna try again...we HINT! at the answers in the comment section, so everybody has a chance to try their luck :) I thought you had a real lovely voice on those audio posts and the Quiz was so much fun to do.

 
At 13:36, Blogger cube said...

Craft night sounds like fun. Hope your friend forgives you... :-0

If it's not too late... my answer is Dom Perignon.

 
At 14:43, Blogger Fred said...

I cheated. I went out and found the answer. So, I'll have to disqualify myself and take a zero on the assignment.

 
At 15:46, Blogger Doug The Una said...

*continues previous series*

way!

 
At 15:46, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Burma Shave

 
At 16:22, Blogger Minka said...

Cube, Hint at the right answer!!! Dom Perignon seems to be a popular opinion...let´s see if somebody comes up with something else!
Fred, that is fine...a good teacher is one who knows where to get the right answers :)
Doug, see I was waiting for the last word almost the entire day :)

 
At 19:38, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I am late to the party! Ahhh!

I cannot guess as my brain is fried but I will have a sip! Open the bottle up and let's drink up!

 
At 19:50, Blogger Sar said...

Well lookie how many comments you have! Pays to know dogs who speak in run on comments. Now you know you have to get to 47!

Btw, HNT is half nekkid Thursday.

 
At 20:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

monika
So sorry, I got all excited, and would that brother guy be a better hint?
HNT stands for Half Nekkid Thursday, there is a rotating button in my links that gives full details. Basically, an excuse for exhibitionist and goof balls to show their creativity on their blogs.
Ariella is constantly parading her nekkidness around, she is completely shameless.

 
At 20:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!
d'oh,
what Sar said.

 
At 21:45, Blogger Fred said...

I'm the 45th comment. Any takers for 46?

 
At 00:07, Blogger Minka said...

What a comment record you guys...I am so happy...
Half Nekkid Thursday...got we all could use some liberations:)
Fred, every comment counts!

 
At 00:16, Blogger TLP said...

Wow.

 
At 00:16, Blogger TLP said...

You got a Lot of comments!

 
At 00:17, Blogger TLP said...

I have no idea on the wine question.

Cute baby and cute little thingie, purse, right?

 
At 00:17, Blogger TLP said...

Will this be number 50 I wonder?

 
At 00:26, Blogger Minka said...

TLP, yes number 50! Thank you so much and it is a purse for my mobile phone...I made it from scratch :)

 
At 12:38, Blogger The Reverent Eater said...

Wowsa. I'm really late for this party - this very crowded party - and it looks like Doug's been hogging all the appetizers.
Here's my hint...when he first tasted the champagne he was said to utter the famous phrase..."I see stars!"

 
At 12:51, Blogger Minka said...

Actonbell, It is quite lovely and cell pouch is a good name for it.
Ahhh manchego...somebody that follows the rules of this Thursday quiz (and Sar of course!). I am proud and I believe you are right!

 
At 14:30, Blogger The Reverent Eater said...

Thanks! (beaming with pride.)
So, what DID you have for dinner? It looks yummy in the photo.

 
At 15:00, Blogger Minka said...

Well, mom amde it and she is a really good cook! It was real Basmati rice, fish in a cheese, basilka...tomato kinda sauce. Baked in an oven and a delicious salat. As a dessert she had Ice cream, bananas, ananas, nuts backed in an oven with whipped egg-white on top. I think that is what I ate...mostly I focused on the taste...MOM, some help here!

 
At 18:55, Blogger Sar said...

56 comments?!!!

Wow, oh hey, make that 57 now. Answer me Monika and make it 58. You really are the queen!

 
At 22:30, Blogger Minka said...

Sar, this is so far ove rthe range of my expectations that I can´t help but smile...we might have substract Doug´s 29 one-word comments though;). After all we live in the real world :)
IN the world of blogger I rule for a week, thanks to you!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com