I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Monday, January 02, 2006

Annoying songs, new shoes and a good book

One of my resolutions was to spend less on things I don´t need. So I let Mom buy these today :) But actually I am gonna use them at work, my shoes there broke about a month ago and people actually started a collection for a new pair of shoes for me. Well, I am gonna show them tomorrow.
No New Year is without a book for me. This is the one I am reading right now. I don´t know if you know but I adore Pratchett and have read all his Discworld novels. I know there is freedom of speech somewhere in the world, but if you wanna trash Terry ... this is not the place to do it! My wrath will be upon those who try.

I am watching German TV and they are showing the top 10O most annoyting -wanna shoot into my brain, cut my ears off and poke my eye balls out - Pop-songs. It is a fun trip down memory lane! I was thinking of writing the Top Ten list down, but I quickly realized that many German Musicians appeard you might never have heard about. But rest assured: Britney Spears, Celine Dion and David Hasselhoff-bet you did not know he was a singer- and Wham were featured. Seriously, whenever I hear "Last Christmas" while driving, I wanna rip the radio out and throw out into the next car that is listening to the same channel. I think I made my point clear!

Any really annoying Pop Song that gives your face a lovely red colour?

Posted by Minka :: 10:28 pm :: 13 Royal Subjects

13 Comments:

At 00:16, Blogger TLP said...

I'm so out-of-it for current pop songs, that I can't name ANY, annoying or not.

I'm off to you Mom's blog.

 
At 02:04, Blogger Unknown said...

the most annoying song i have ever heard/watched is 'Barbie Girl' by Acqua. thank god they made it up with 'If only I could turn back time'.

pretty shoes, twinkle toes! :))

 
At 04:41, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's an interesting show to expect people to watch. I guess it worked though, huh?

 
At 08:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes doug: monika looks at the strangest things.Anyhow, she should have been in bed, not watching TV ;)
Mom

 
At 08:38, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Nothing come to mins right now but the 80s just did not do it for me... Nope...

 
At 14:36, Blogger Lila said...

Happy New Year, Monika! Good luck with your resolution. That's a good one.

 
At 15:38, Blogger Heather Smith said...

Happy New Year, Monika!
The most annoying song to me would have to be "Achy Breaky Heart" Its a country song, not pop, but its absolutely the most annoying one to me!
Love those shoes by the way!

 
At 16:23, Blogger Minka said...

TLP, thank you for visiting mom, I hope you had a greta time and remember...not everything she says about me is true...it is just her perception of actual things *blush*
Karma, I got several compliments at wprk today...ok, they were mostly initiated by me fishing for a compliment but people were glad I was no longer a hazzard to myself!
Doug, it was a fantabulous show, becasu eteh leading television comedians in germany made fun of the songs and I laughed like hell. A great way to start the New year laughing!!!
Mom, 28! I am 28!!!
Miz Bohemia...I kinda liked the 80ies, but yet again I lived in germany where we had a variety of great East German musicians...I had to laugh while I wrote this!
AP3, Happy New Year to you too. I thought that resolution allowed me to start with a clean slate and that is what I am planning for this year. I am not gonna look back and hope for things to happen...well, at least I will try to ;)
Heather, welcome back. Long time no see!

 
At 20:19, Blogger Sar said...

That sounds a lot like VH1's I Heart The '80s (which I am all about, but I still love ya MizB!). And you're right, it's the comedians and their commentary that make it so funny and worth watching.

Your resolution reminded me of my shopping excursion yesterday. I saw the most beautiful boots. I want them SOOOOOOO bad. But they're tre expensive and not practical. So I reluctantly, sadly, walked away from them. But I really want them SOOOOOOOO bad!

 
At 20:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a mom for if not to send her children to bed at a comfortable time? And: Things happen without you trying to let them, believe me!
Mom

 
At 20:52, Blogger Minka said...

Sar, I am sooo proud of you, I know what courage it must have taken you to walk away from impractical boots...You can do it. Your super ego overrules your Ego and ID! Freud´d be so proud...

 
At 22:53, Blogger TLP said...

Okay, Monika. You say that you failed to do a tag once? Well, then I think to make up for it you should do a 7 tag. I'd especially like to know seven things that you'd like to do before you die.

 
At 23:04, Blogger Minka said...

TLP, you got it! And 10 seconds later...

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com