I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Sunday, December 18, 2005

A weekend without my computer

and I feel I am so far behind. I have to get to all your blogs and see what you have been up to. With my luck, all the fun happened this weekend, prizes were given and I missed all of it. But alas, I have some catching up to do, so here are the wicked trolles that came through the last two days:

"Bowl Licker, the sixth one,
was shockingly ill bred.
From underneath the bedsteads
he stuck his ugly head.

And when the bowls were left
to be licked by dog or cat,
he snatched them for himself
- he was sure good at that!"


"The seventh was Door Slammer,
a sorry, vulgar chap:
When people in the twilight
would take a little nap,

he was happy as a lark
with the havoc he could wreak,
slamming doors and hearing
the hinges on them sqeak."


"Skyr* Gobbler, the eighth,
was an awful stupid bloke.
He lambasted the skyr tub
till the lid on it broke.

Then he stood there gobbling
- his greed was well known -
until, about to burst,
he would bleat, howl and groan."

source: here
However, I would like you guys to check out this Lady´s page. She has made the Yulelads herself and they are depicted so lovely on her page. It sure is a treat for all of you who wanna see more;)

It has been a rough weekend. I have basically been avoiding life and hiding under my blanket back at mom and dad´s place. In the last couple of months things changed so quickly, that I am finding myself confronted with things I couldn´t even have imagined back then. Everything is pretty confusing right now and I am just trying to keep my head above water. But I am a pretty good swimmer and none of you should worry. Life can get so complicated though and it demands a strong breast-stroke to figth those waves.
I hope all of you have a less emotional Christmas and that you are dealing just fine with the stress of getting those last presents.

Posted by Minka :: 10:14 pm :: 11 Royal Subjects

11 Comments:

At 00:47, Blogger Lila said...

It's hard to be without a computer, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing all this! It's really interesting.

 
At 00:51, Blogger TLP said...

Sorry for your woes! I'm pulling for you for whatever you need.

Hugs to you. Be well.

 
At 01:33, Blogger Minka said...

I knew it! I was gone for two days and I was mentioned on TLP´s and Doug´s sites. This is it: from now on the computer goes with me :)
AP3, you are most welcome. I am back on track now though, and might have a quiz next time :) Miz Bohemia is already anticipating anxiously as I expect :)
TLP, thank you for the hugs. I am already better...sometimes you just need that cry and move on :)

 
At 01:44, Blogger Sar said...

"Bowl Licker" - goodness more licking!

I'm sorry you're going through a rough bout right now. I know I speak on behalf of all the blogger buddies when I say I think you're a wonderfully bright and gifted gal who always brings a smile to my face with your humor (and typos!). :)

*supportive hugs*

 
At 02:59, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Aw, Monika. You're such a jewel. I have no fear of your sinking but I'm sorry. No sharks under the blankets, are there?

 
At 03:12, Blogger Minka said...

Sar, I make those typos just for you guys and especially if it is late at night and I should be sleeping...they just keep on coming. Thanks for the complement :) You are a very special lady yourself. And those heels :)
Doug, No Sharks...but there are a lot of tiny fishes. Their names start with something like Pyra... or other.

Thanx for the lovely words everybody!

 
At 03:58, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Swwet Monika! Great post as always and yes, this bohemian is waiting to kick some ass in the next quiz!

I am so sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch... I can relate. This year is not the cheeriest and definitely not the lightest over here either. Very heavy to say the least... it is the kids that makes us put a smile on at times but like you say, we gotta swim! Please let me/us know if there is anything we can do for you!

 
At 13:05, Blogger Minka said...

Thank you miz bohemia...just all of you gathering here and giving me a virtual hug is more than I can ask for :)

 
At 15:22, Blogger Mo'a said...

Kossar or knusar til thin nya vinkona min.
I am very good at bad spelling and typos in several languages.

 
At 15:50, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Not to fear, Monika. Here's what you do with pirañas: Put some hamburger on a hook and cast your line deep. When you feel a tug pull up and have a board ready to whack it with. The teeth are sharp so don't unhook it until it's dead. Dip the Piraña in flour and pan fry in butter with salt and pepper.

This makes a delicious meal both literally and metaphorically.

 
At 16:22, Blogger Minka said...

mrs.romig boyles...knús til baka oh takk fyrir.
Doug, walking dictionary and a master chef...you sure have talents! I think the teeth might be difficult chewing though :)

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com