I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Stekkjastaur



Yep, this one is due tonight. He is the first of the 13 Icelandic Yule lads to arrive and his name translated is Stiff Legs or Sheep-Cop-Clod. He loves to suck milk from the sheep, but his stiff legs always get in the way. It is cold and wet and dark outside... So along the way he probably figured that it would be easier to just steal a little milk from us humans and tonight he will come and try to get that sip he so desperately wants. Hope it is not my fridge he is gonna roam, but just in case: I went down to the store and bought fresh milk. Always good to be on the safe side. For all concerned, it is better that I am off to bed now, because it is almost midnight and I have no intentions of coming between a troll and his milk.

Posted by Minka :: 10:33 pm :: 7 Royal Subjects

7 Comments:

At 23:49, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Oh, I love it. I know where he can get some in Portland.

 
At 06:23, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Does it have to be whole milk? What if you don't drink milk... can it be organic soy milk? ;-)

Hurry to bed lest he see you up!

 
At 12:30, Blogger Fred said...

Just don't look under the bed. You never know what's down there.

 
At 13:23, Blogger Minka said...

You guys won´t believe it, but he actually came to our apartment building this night. My fridge was left untouched though. Nothing left in my shoe:( I met my neighbour this morning while retrieving the post and she said that Stekkjarstaur has left so many Christmas cookies at her window that she believed them to be intended for the entire apartment block. She has put them infront of her door and I already had two pieces. They are quite good and I no cinnamon has been detected in them :)
Doug, ok I´ll send him to Portland. We could do with one less of them here :)
Miz Bohemia, I think any kind of milk will do. His parents are realy nasty and I don´t think he gets that much all year, so he probably isn´t that choosy!
Fred, if you scare me like this you will have to live with the idea that I might call you up in the middle of the night and ask you to come and check under my bed and drive eveil monsters away.

 
At 16:19, Blogger Tryggvi said...

Yeah, Stekkjastaur actually called me and asked me where he could find ur shoe to put ur Friends boardgame. I told him for u tanx but no thanx.

 
At 18:26, Blogger The Reverent Eater said...

hmmm. i wonder if he'd like kefir...

 
At 18:36, Blogger Minka said...

Tryggvi, tell him next time that I would love a non-Icelandic version of Monopoly!!!
Manchego...he has a brother who will come a little later, that loves kefir, yogurt and all those lovely things :)

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com