I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Gluggagægir

Window Peeper. Yes, it seems to be true. One of our Yulelads is somewhat of a modern-day pervert. But I figure as long as he does not wear night-vision goggles and a camera strapped around his neck...I´ll let it slide. I might close the curtains though and present him with a challenge.


And due to popular demand: here is that unflattering picture of me. Please bear in mind that I had my face over steaming tallow for an hour or so...that should explain the ghost looking at you. Yes, I am vain and if anybody dare so much as make an unnecessary comment in regard to the lack of beauty...I know where your blogs are!

FYI: Today is the shortest and darkest day in Iceland. From tomorrow onwards the sun will climb higher and higher and we have more light and stuff. There was some daylight today, but than I had to blink and I kinda missed it.

Posted by Minka :: 10:26 pm :: 10 Royal Subjects

10 Comments:

At 01:24, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Monika, I think you look beautiful, and I ain't afraid of you, neither. Didn't you used to be blonde though?

*backs slowly towards the door*

 
At 03:38, Blogger Sar said...

There she is! Our undeniably pretty German gal from Iceland. Obviously the steam created a natural glow. You know, you may want to market that to the spas and be their exemplory face to promote it as well.

And just so to be clear, thus far your Yulelads include both lickers and lurkers. Hmmm.

 
At 03:46, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Pretty lady! I am excited to finally see you! So that is who my Icelandic influence is! As they would yell out to you in the streets here, GUAPA!

 
At 05:05, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Miz Bohemia, you don't live in California anymore, remember? "Check 'at out, Bubba" is southern for "Guapa."

 
At 10:32, Blogger Minka said...

You think I wouldn´t enjoy these comments, though slightly over-stated...but I still do :)
I was born with brown hair and dark brown eyes. When I came to Iceland everybody was blond...so I liked my dark hair and kept it that way. Lately it changed and girls coloured their hair dark...so I had to go the extra mile and tried blond. Let us just gloss over it!
and Doug...careful my friend I am a quick runner!

 
At 14:02, Blogger Unknown said...

our Monika is sooooo beautiful! come and see the special treat i have for you ;))

 
At 21:21, Blogger TLP said...

You're lovely in this picture! It's so sad that young women don't see how beautiful they are.

 
At 21:24, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

It is more like "wapa" but I didn't want Monika to think that I was whipping her! *bohemian is mortified!*

You never fail to impress me with your knowledge Doug!

TLP~ Though still young and with so much to learn, I DO believe that youth is wasted on the young!

Monika, I agree with everyone... you are a hottie lady!

 
At 23:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why, the leaf bread goes splendidly with your eyes ...

 
At 23:26, Blogger Minka said...

Karma...I enjoyed that treat so very much. I am srill full to be quite honest.
TLP, I know quite well how pretty I am...that is why no picture can do me justice :)
Miz Bohemia...I knew you wouldn´t whip me...and thanx for the compliment. I did go fishing in a rather obvious way my mom said :)
Ásgeir...you are back. I have missed you. I realized that I don´t have your adress to send you one of these obligatory Christmas cards...but feel hugged and maybe we can have a Baileys together soon?!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com