I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Yes, you are right...

It is time for a new post. Life has been difficult in the recent past and I didn´t really have the nerve, time nor desire to post anything.
My life is changing very much right now. My boyfriend and I have decided to go seperate ways. So I really should say ex boyfirend, but I guess old habits die hard. It is a hrad time for both of us. We just are in the middle of selling our apartment and there is a lot of paperwork and stuff...you guys know what I am talking about.
I am really proud of how we are handling things though. Everything is calm and friendly, nobody is trying to cheat the other and we still care. This might be what is so hard about this break-up, we still like the other person so much. Yet somehow it is not enough to build a future together. We are very different and people have said so from the start. And although I have heard that opposites attract, there needs to be a common ground, a passion both of you share. Times have been good, some hard, some extraordinary...I would not give a single moment away.
As you know I am a creature of habit, I hate change, dislike settling into new environments...so this is really a tough time I am looking at. How can one spend Christmas alone, after having decorated the tree together for years?
Thank God for Friends and Family, because without them this already dark and cold winter would also become bleak and gloomy.
But as a friend of mine said and she quoted from the Sound of Music:
"When the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window."
I wonder where I´ll be flying to...

Posted by Minka :: 6:44 pm :: 17 Royal Subjects

17 Comments:

At 21:22, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Aw, sorry. Es tut mir leid. For both of you. If this helps, I went through an amicable break-up a couple of years ago and the friendship is still a cornerstone of my life. In fact she watched all four World Series games with me which for an American woman is usually a great act of sacrifice. I went through a less amicable one a year ago and the less said about that the better. Amicable's a big accomplishment.

I feel a little dorky bringing this up in the context but since you asked: On blogger, changing templates shouldn't erase any posts or comments but things like your links and any other additions (weather in Rekjevik, e.g.) disappear and have to be put back. If you learn some html (not as hard as I thought) you can make changes one by one in your current template and then your links and stuff stay.

 
At 21:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, haven't I always said The Sound of Music is a source of all knowledge and wonder?! :-) Life is what you make it I guess so I hope you'll be happy and live life to the fullest always regardless of who you're with or where you are in the world.

 
At 21:35, Blogger Minka said...

Doug, thank you for sharing. I really mean that. Tryggvi and I are trying very hard not to hurt anybody in the process and we really do care about each other. We plan to be good friends afterwards, that sometimes does not work...we still are gonna try.
I´d even watch the entire World Championship in Football with him in June 2006, I might support another team than England though, just for spice :)

Lisa, I´ll be fine and I know wherever I go you´ll be right there. (As long as I don´t say anything nasty about Zidane!)

 
At 22:29, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Where am I? What happened? That was fast!

 
At 01:24, Blogger TLP said...

Change is both difficult and exciting. Your present situation may not be enviable, but it is loaded with potential.

You're so young. All of life awaits you.

 
At 20:49, Blogger Minka said...

Loaded with potential...I quite like that. My mom said today: "Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken, als ein Schrecken ohne Ende!"
Roughly translated: It is better to have a painful ending than pain that never ends!

 
At 21:13, Blogger dddragon said...

Just when I had decided that I would never have a person to share my life with, my Nod walked into my life.

Scared the sh*t of me at the time.

 
At 21:29, Blogger Minka said...

dddragon, really? I guess people say that as soon as you stop looking someone is gonna find you.

 
At 21:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey darling - sorry to hear about the two of you but i'm happy to hear that it's civil and amicable. hope to see you soon and take care :)

 
At 02:58, Blogger Unknown said...

Monika honey you hang in there.

Most often, when 'bad things' happen, we don't understand why. i can assure you, from my personal experiences, they happen for a pretty good reason, they are all part of a bigger picture. we just don't get it at the moment.

i understand you are hurting at the moment, but over a period of time, it will all work out for you. till then, we are all here for moral support :))

 
At 16:24, Blogger Minka said...

Karma, thank you for that. It is weird but I kinda know that you all are here for me, although I have never met you guys. But this all means so much to me!

 
At 16:10, Blogger Fred said...

Sorry about the break-up.

Wasn't there a song about every ending is a beginning waiting to happen? Something like that.

Hang in there.

 
At 16:21, Blogger Tryggvi said...

Honey, I'm proud of us too. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I would not give up a single second of our life together, not for anything. We're both having a tough time at the moment. This is all very sad and strange, especially because we still love each other. I just hope we can love each other as friends, and do so for the rest of our lives.

 
At 19:30, Blogger Minka said...

I hope so, too. From now on, it will be movies, pizzas and the odd game we will share...
I hope it all works out the way we want it to!

 
At 00:57, Blogger AsianSmiles said...

hello Monika..

Do things that will make you feel good. (Spa, beauty parlor, have a haircut that you really like, etc.)

Afterall, in times like these, the more important thing is YOU.

Besides, I'm sure someone out there is looking for a pretty, intelligent, smart and nice woman like you.

whenever you feel empty, get busy with work or studies or hobbies..:) be happy and feel good about yourself. that's all that matters...

unsolicited advice from a lurker who loves reading your articles :);)

 
At 11:18, Blogger Minka said...

asiansmiles, you are back?!
Glad to hear from you! And yes I am trying to do things I love to distract me a little...many museum tours have been undertaken. I wish I could take a bubble bath, but I only have a shower :)
I am alright though!

 
At 03:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is cool.. finding a Blogger from Iceland. So there really is a place colder than Canada.

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com