I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Monika´s childhood and the sperm guy...

My childhood was not that glorious. I don´t wanna bore you with the details, but here are some main points you should know about me to see things more clearly.

*I spent the first two years of my life in an orphange.
*My mother had a change of mind and took me back when I was two, where I spent the
next twelve years watching her go throw many relationships that always seemed to
leave a bigger mess behind.
*Unsurprisingly...we are seven siblings.
*My mother broke all her contacts to the rest of our family, they did not approve of
her lifestyle and she could not be bothered with them any longer. I know very few
of my relatives, but I am finding more and more of them and each summer when I
return to Germany for a visit, I meet some new ones and connect the ties that have
long ago been torn apart.
*My mother avoids every discussion with me when it comes to the guy that was also
there the night I was conceived. She tells a lot of stories and contradicts herself
each time.
*I left home when I was 14, went to school, graduated, came to Iceland, went to Uni
and got a life

While surfing the net one lonely night, I found an interetsing homepage in the little town I was born. I got in contact with a woman that works in a family department there and she gave me an adress of another woman who can get my birth- certificate and my family tree. She works for the regestry-department. That very woman sent me an e-mail today telling me she found my certificates and can send them to me. I just replied and in a week or so I will have all those papers I never got to see. The papers that tell me where I came from and who was involved in making me. I am so nervous that my fingers are actually shaking while I am typing this. I am literally on the edge of my seat.

I have no idea what I will do when I get those papers, but I sure want to have them!

Posted by Minka :: 2:22 pm :: 10 Royal Subjects

10 Comments:

At 15:13, Blogger TLP said...

Oh, Monika! I have goosebumps too. Truly. All over. This is so exciting!

Good luck sweetie. I hope you are pleased with what you get.

 
At 15:30, Blogger Minka said...

Thank you TLP.
Sometimes you have to take your destiny in your own hands, and give fate a break.
Sometimes, what appears to be dead-end might just be the way into the future.

 
At 15:41, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Your life is yours and your friends are yours and your budgies are yours (and Tryggvi's) and your blogfriends are yours. The papers will either add something or they won't. Not to fear.

Let us know, though. I can't wait. ;-)

 
At 18:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I am so happy for you! I tried to call you just before funnily enough... I thought we were due for a meeting and weren't we gonna buy christmas stuff this week?? Anyway so I just read this and now we have even more stuff to talk about! It will be so nice for you to just see all that written down on paper and regardless of what it says, you are you and I love you to bits... so if you want someone there to hold your hand or open the envelope or supply you with vodka... (hey for that I'd drink) then you just let me know babe!! :-) call me tomorrow!! and p.s. even though your mother sucks, I'm extremely glad she exists... 'cos without her there'd be no you!

 
At 21:32, Blogger Tryggvi said...

Wow, this is exciting news. Ég vona bara að þú getir notað þessar upplýsingar eitthvað. Elskan mín, hvað sem gerist áttu mig að.

 
At 00:32, Blogger Minka said...

Doug, you just reminded me of all the things that are great in my life. I am a very lucky girl.

Lisa, I already bought some stuff and have started. Christmas is right around the corner and somehow I started this week to feel very christmasy and lit all candles in my apartment and watched Friends episodes that had Christmas themes.

Tryggvi, ég veit það.

Tryggvi,

 
At 22:50, Blogger dddragon said...

I hope that everything works out!! It might be best to have a friend with you when you open up the papers ...

 
At 01:19, Blogger Fred said...

What a bitterweet moment. Finally, the truth, but you're filled with fear.

Best of luck. I know it's what you want, and I hope it works out well for you.

 
At 04:59, Blogger Lila said...

Yes, Monika, good luck! What an exciting time... and good for you for overcoming some early disadvantages to become a fabulous young woman.

 
At 12:42, Blogger Minka said...

Thank you guys! It is strange to have these encouragements coming from people I have never met, but feel like I know fairly well. Support is appreciated from wherever I can get it and you guys are just so sweet. I´ll blog as soon as I know more, after all...we are kinda in this together :)

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com