I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My sister is getting married!

And there I was thinking my parents had screwed us up for life. But there is always one that is willing to take the leap of faith. I myself have never been inspired to jump...well, not yet!
And I have to go, I want to as well. But my presence is of vital importance. My sister is a very down-to-earth kinda girl. When she told me that she is gonna get married in October, I believe I shrieked. I never shriek! It is a girlish behaviour I find as ridiculous as fainting. But I did and afterwards I bombarded her with question after question about: what are you gonna wear, is your hair up or down, do you have brides maids, city or church, what kind of flowers ... all those life important questions that ran like gunshots through my brain. Than I breathed...I did not know I had it in me and was quite surprised at my excitement.
In her usual calm she explained that she hadn´t really thought about it, that she just wanted a small occasion where everybody had a good time.
My over-excited self explained to her in a loud voice that this might be the only wedding I am gonna see in my family and that she better do it the way I like it.
We agreed that I´d get there a couple of days earlier and I can organize everything that has to do with the party afterwards, if I wanted flowers, cake, dancing and stuff then that would be fine with her. And here I am, writing stuff down like there is no tomorrow. My little sister, somebody has to give her the day she deserves.

And yet, I can not get a joke out of my mind that a teacher at university used to make (several times!)
Which three rings are involved in a wedding?
1)Engagement ring
2)Wedding ring
3)Suffer-ring!

Better not include that in my toast!
Cheers everybody and Happy Engagement to you, dear sis!

Posted by Minka :: 8:11 pm :: 11 Royal Subjects

11 Comments:

At 20:55, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Congratulations, Monika's sister! Viel glück!

 
At 21:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you babe!!!!

 
At 22:00, Blogger Minka said...

My little sister, I am so proud.
But that also means I´d get more heat from everybody else. She is three years younger than I. She has three kids and now she is getting married. I am still at school, wondering if I ever firgure out what I am supposed to do with my life. I can hear all my realtives already: "Monika, why can´t you be a little more like your sister?!"
Yeah, it is gonna be a blast!

 
At 23:39, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

It'll hit you one day when you find that special guy.

 
At 20:38, Blogger Tryggvi said...

...inplying of course that me, her boyfriend, is not that special to her. Thanks for that.

Anyway honey, I'm happy for u and of course Steffi. I also know the co-ordinating of the wedding will be in ur safe hands, even if its all the way from Iceland.

 
At 21:27, Blogger Minka said...

Tom&Icy...
Maybe, I just have not been so fortunate as to meet a couple where it all worked out fine. I know a lot of couples that appear to be fine, or tell me they are fine...

Tryggvi, I really did not sidestep that landmine, huh?! How will I talk myself out of this one ... anything special I can make you for dinner on the weekend? :)

 
At 09:04, Blogger Tryggvi said...

U will be grilling and doing the dishes dear.

 
At 21:31, Blogger Minka said...

Today I was wearing goves. Summer is officially over. I refuse to grill!!!
It was 6 degrees Celsius today, for crying out loud!

 
At 00:07, Blogger TLP said...

How lovely for your sister, and for you! Have fun with the plans.

Just saw your last post. Love the new "do." The bangs are very becoming to you. You look just wonderful.

 
At 10:34, Blogger Minka said...

Thank you TLP. I am wondering why I haven´t done earlier.

 
At 18:42, Blogger Lila said...

Congrats to your sister!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com