I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Derrick and Harry Klein Posted by Picasa


"Hey Harry, when you are done inspecting those green things over there, I want you to get into the tub, the pigeon in question might have left some feathers we can send to the lab!"
I love my birdies. They are learning to take a bath and clean themselves, some are more concentrated on the task at hand than others though!

Three weird things for today:

1) I saw a hitch-hiker in our city centre trying to stop a car. Yet again- it is one of those things we don´t do around here. Those tourists :)
2) The Bus I take home is called the S1-nothing strange about that. But while I was waiting impatiently for the overdue bus, I said its name: S-EINN!!!(1 is "Einn" in Icelandic) Which translated means "Late". When it finally arrived 7 minutes late, I swear the front of it almost gave my a grin implying "dah!". I can not help but feel "Late" to be an unfourtunate name for a bus!
3) In the store: We had Melon-Day today and I should know- having cut about 300 of them- when a weird looking lady enters and pulls something out of her bag. On closer inspection it looked like a pendulum or egg-sized piece of metal. She holds it on a chain over the melons, and picks one out; comes smiling towards me and says: "I am feeling this one, could you be so kind as to cut it in half?" What was that all about?

anyways, weekend drawing near!!!

Posted by Minka :: 7:02 pm :: 9 Royal Subjects

9 Comments:

At 22:22, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Wow! Looks like you get a lot of fruits at your vegetable store.

 
At 22:45, Blogger Minka said...

Yeap. There are several convenient things about this job...
cheaper food, heavy lifting and walking quickly...saves me a gym card, ´cause I am basically on the treadmill all day long...devloping some bulging muscles on my arms.

 
At 23:44, Blogger Tryggvi said...

It seems to me that Harry is on the verge of discovering an important piece of evidence there. He was always more of ground-work kind of a bird. Derrick is of course supervising the whole scene in his calm and calculated manner. Together they will solve this case, I'm sure.

I love those little detectives!

By the way, did they solve the case of who has been leaving bird droppings on our floors?

 
At 07:54, Blogger Minka said...

They are on it and will get back to us as soon as there are some developments in the floor-dropping incident!

 
At 08:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah that's a weird story about the melon... and yet, entirely in keeping with some of the more "eccentric" members of our society!

 
At 11:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I regret to inform you that the file regarding "poop-dropping" has been closed without being solved.
When we arrived at the crime scene the perpetrator had already left the vicinity and left no clues besides the dropping themselves.
Our forensic experts have concluded that the droppings in question could belong to any small winged creature in Iceland. Due to a shortage of staff, we have no other options but to close this file and turn to more pressing matters at hand."

sincerely,
Kommisar Inspector Derrick

 
At 12:00, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Not every day you get Tom & Icy and Falco on your blog. I now have my first word of Icelandic. It's funny, I can say "late" in several Latin languages but never learned it in teutonic one. I wonder why that is.

By the way Tom, I appreciate your pun.

 
At 13:07, Blogger Minka said...

Tom...now I get it! Fruit at a vegetable stand!!! Now you have to see I am a very energetic person. People immidiately niticed it and put me on both sections:Fruit and Vegetables :) And if Icould be so kind would it be possible I make sure there is enough milk. But hopefully this is my last day!!!

 
At 17:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, S1 bus pulled out in front of me today and nearly ran me off the road, and for a second I smiled and thought, ah, that's the bus Monika meant... and then I hooted! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com