I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Sunday, August 21, 2005

At the hairdresser!!! Posted by Picasa


As most of you know, I am a creature of habbit. A slight change in anything that matters to me will have me running up the walls. In fact I take the phrase "It is hard to break old habbits" to a whole new level.

One of these passionate habbits of mine is my hair. Don´t get me wrong I am not particularly fond of it. Being the only sibling of seven that has dark, thin, straight and fly-away hair- I made a choice early in life to just ignore it as much as I can. Once in a while I would get a family realtive or friend to cut the ends of it and occasionaly I used a brush. The result, since I can remember my hair has had the same shape, length and density.

I don´t really know what hit me yesterday, but I went to a haridresser. A split decission. And I went all the way. I have a fringe now and I love it.

The whole was a rather delightful experience, but some things are just strange.
The fact that you have to stare at yourself in the mirror for a very long and-I can only imagine unhealthy-time. There I was sitting starring at myself, noticing all those things that made my face age in the last years. After a couple of minutes I had about enough of this and started looking around me, to the annoyance of my hairdresser who mentioned that I should try to hold my head in one position. Ok, so I closed my eyes which in turn made her thing she cut too much or too little or something and asked me if she did something contrary to my expectations. So, I was left starring at myself in the mirror, trying to smile(to reassure) and hoping this would be over soon.

After she was finished I was pleased and to show my appreciation I bought shampoo, conditioner and styling spray. I tried to use it all today and ...well, that is different story for another day.

Posted by Minka :: 9:43 pm :: 15 Royal Subjects

15 Comments:

At 10:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh-la-la .. congrats on the new job and especially the new hairdo! gorgeous!! :)

 
At 11:13, Blogger Minka said...

Thank you sweety! I am awfully proud.
The only devastating thing: After you had a shower, regardless of how much you try, your hair will never look what it looked like at the hairdresser. :) Such is life!

 
At 13:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting... I'm gonna call now and see when I can book an appointment to see this hair up close and personal... it looks lovely from the picture!!

 
At 15:00, Blogger Doug The Una said...

You look great! Following your instincts is habit you should get into.

 
At 15:30, Blogger Minka said...

Doug, my boyfriend said exactly the same :)
But I made a habit of writing habbit with two bs. I will work on it though.
I think the word habit is strong enough to pull off two bs!

 
At 19:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great!!!
Mom

 
At 19:53, Blogger Doug The Una said...

My rabit has the same habbit.

 
At 22:18, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Wow! With that haircut you really look good. And when I was very young I thought people meant hobbit when they said habit. And when they said the nun was wearing a habit, I thought she had a midget under her black dress and it all scared me so much I still cannot understand that story at all. My dog wants to visit Icy Land.

 
At 23:10, Blogger Tryggvi said...

Great haircut sweetpants, u look stunning! I was really surprised when u came home after that cut, u looked so different. U remember that time when I cut my hair short? Ur face... now there was a kodak moment if I ever saw one!

 
At 09:13, Blogger Minka said...

Doug, I start you go on:

There once was a rabit,
that had a mighty habbit...

 
At 09:15, Blogger Minka said...

Tom&Icy, I think you should avoid all churches just in case. No point in adding extra confusion to life.
But your suspicion about the long clothing an nuns...they are definately hiding something...might be anything or a midget. In fact that would explain a lot!

 
At 09:18, Blogger Minka said...

Icy would love Icy Land. Snow to play or pee in, a huge white canvas every winter. He could really explore his artistic inclinations.
Doug is thinking about coming two, and we all know he is a dog...so why don´t you two plan a trip together?

 
At 15:02, Blogger Doug The Una said...

...If he saw some grass he'd grabbit
if he heard a word he'd gabbit
only to find he'd lost his mind
or left it in a cab-it

You know, it's very hard to use a telic clause in meter.

 
At 16:27, Blogger Minka said...

I am truly impressed! I had something with grab it in mind as well. I am very happy with the inclusion of the Telic Clause, you are such a good student.

 
At 08:15, Blogger Kolbrún said...

Forgot to say I really like your new hairdo too.

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com