I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Saturday, July 16, 2005

What a geek...
Several of you reading this will be dissapointed: I love the Harry Potter books.
To the extend that I will, after having worked for twelve hours straight- stand in line around midnight to get one of those first copies handed out.
Lisa, my dear friend, without having a bone in her body that is Harry Potter related, agreed on standing there with me and all the other weirdoes, so I wouldn´t be alone. In all honesty: I pulle dmy birthday-tomorrow card on her!
It was great. There we were,having coffee and hot-dogs, waiting in line. To make teh time go faster I quizzed Lisa about Harry Potter. She participated with limited enthusiasm, but ´what is a quiz among friends´. I enjoyed myself, the woman behind us had to refrain from blurting out the answers when Lisa took to long. But in all honesty...I admired her for standing there with her smiling face, taking things as they come.
After a couple of jelly beans and black plastic bags (the store gave them out, because it was raining and people were quewing and getting wet) the store opened at one minute past midnight to let us in. One by one, there was no pushing, we went in. Each was handed the book from a guy in a wizard robe and progressed to the till. The decorated the store in a Harry Potter stile and it was all so magical.
But this country wouldn´t be what it is without an Icelandic occurence. Just before we entered a guy turned around and asked us what we are quewing for? Now, you have to imagine a really long line, it is raining and everybody else knows why they are there. he asked in icelandic, so my friend just replied in her ´almost perfect English´;) "Sorry, what was that now?" So the poor guy decided to continue in the row. When he got inside and realized what was going on he created a little scene, and made a qucik exit. Typical Icelandic guy on a Friday night, being totally drunk, thought we were waiting to see the performance of a band.
I purchased my book at 00:14!
Ok...let´s hear it!

Posted by Minka :: 5:16 pm :: 7 Royal Subjects

7 Comments:

At 18:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but that's just the way we like you... :-)

 
At 23:42, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I think she meant someone else, Lisa. Haha.

 
At 11:11, Blogger Minka said...

No, I meant me. But I had some trouble with this post, nothing but the headline appeared. Lisa knew what I was talking about, ´cause she was there!

 
At 12:54, Blogger Tryggvi said...

And now u can finally read the book in peace when the boyfriend isn't home! Happy reading my lovely Potter geek.

 
At 21:32, Blogger Minka said...

Oh, I will. Harry Potter has just come to Hogwarts-school of witchcraft and wizardry and things are magically strange!

 
At 13:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See now I can see the rest of the blog and it was just as I imagined it would be! Well I had fun to be perfectly honest babe but I was also rather worried about the woman behind me... at one point when I asked for an easier question she was like "that was easy, duh"!! It took all my restrain not to say "one more comment like that young lady and I'm gonna make you familiar with Harry Potter's lesser-known spells!" ;-)

 
At 16:19, Blogger Minka said...

Ohh...why didn´t you? That would have been fun. But she was older than I and that me me feel not so out of place!!! I mean standing at midnight in a row to get a children´s book just before my "26th" birthday is not that grown up!!!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com