I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Happy Birthday to meeeeeeee, happy birthday to me,
happy birthday dear me-he, happy birthday to ME!

I was born in 1977, so today I turned 26 and there will be no argument! I also gained a couple of cm and am glad to announce my height of 1.66cm.
This was the best birthday ever. Probably because I started pulling my birthday card days before the actual occasion and I have a feeling the next week will have a lot of references to my special day as well. I have the unusal ability to make my birthday a month-event, give and take of course!
But I had a blast. Having gotten a rotten deal with me real family in Germany, the best thing was to welcome all the people right here in Reykjavík that love me so much. I truly count my blessings.
I think one of the sweetest things was when my friend Lisa and her mom sang "Happy Birthday" over the phone to me. Another great thing: My boyfriend made me an DDR-ID.
Having spent my childhood in the former Deutsche Demokratische Republik, I sometimes do not get what people are talking about. The world opened up to me when I was around fourteen. Often I do not know old shows or actors or stuff like that. On these occasion I pull my invisible East-German card with the words: "Do I have to pull my East-German card one more time?! My boyfirend now made me one and I jsut have to flip it.
Takk fyrir mig!!!

Posted by Minka :: 11:13 am :: 15 Royal Subjects

15 Comments:

At 11:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you - i left you a birthday wish but somehow it got attached with an old article you posted! (with the pseudo-cleft)

wishing you a happy belated birthday :) hope you had a nice one!

 
At 12:05, Blogger Minka said...

Thank you very much. I had a fabulous day. Pseudo-cleft? I just go and check...

 
At 12:25, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!

 
At 17:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alles, alles Liebe zum 26.sten ;o)Geburtstag auch von Kerstin

 
At 21:31, Blogger Minka said...

Danke alle zusammen. Nice to have this blog turn into somethign international. I will add the Icelandic part: Til hamingju með daginn, elsku Monika mín. Yes, I know....Narcissa would have been a much more fitting name at my birth.

 
At 23:52, Blogger Tryggvi said...

Happy birthday Mommy! We love you!

From Stephan Derrick and Harry Klein

 
At 01:33, Blogger Sar said...

Happy Birthday, Monika! A gal's birthday is indeed her own holiday, so enjoy it today, tomorrow, and for as long as you can stretch it out! :)

 
At 10:50, Blogger Minka said...

Thank you Sar. I saw in your profile that you like the movie The Usual Suspects. Did you know that they are oplanning to shoot the sequal?! I think Kevin Spacey has agreed to be in it.

 
At 11:35, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Is that true, Monika? Won't we know who to suspect this time?

 
At 13:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why am I having trouble reading your blog? I could only see this post today! Spooky... anyway babe... I'm glad you had such a nice birthday and may I just say on behalf of all the people to whom you showed that invisible East German card to, thank you Tryggvi for actually giving us something to look at when she does that. But babe you forgot to mention that during this East German upbringing of yours, even though there were many people you had never heard of, you alternatively became very familiar with the hip-happening likes of Monsieur David Hasslehof... I'm still jealous that I missed his singing career through my childhood! :-)

 
At 16:15, Blogger Minka said...

Ohhh...now that is true. Lisa I am sure I could find an old David Hasselhoff cassette and we can both be listening: "I ´ve been looking for freedom, I´ve been looking so long...tarara" Now if that wasn´t a trip down memory lane, I don´t know what is.

 
At 16:38, Blogger Minka said...

Doug, it is Icelandic truth, I read it in the papers yesterday. maybe there will be a twist!?

 
At 18:41, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Kiser Soze has a virtuous twin?

 
At 14:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Maria Erla who have been my daughters friend since they were 4 or 5 years
Ok Harry Potter is great we agree on that, But Discworld, there seem to be an argument there hehehe I posted an answer on Marias blog. But now there is time to bug you big time about reading material. Alan Dean Foster is great, try the Spellsinger series. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446356476/qid=1121869552/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-3244301-6356810?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 and this one is great http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0441694543/qid=1121869692/sr=1-53/ref=sr_1_53/002-3244301-6356810?v=glance&s=books And this one would you love http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0879516283/qid=1121869764/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/002-3244301-6356810 are you broke yet? I have more to tempt you with. My granddaughter (Hrefnas daugther) seem to have inherited something from me she don´t like toys, just books. aw it is ok I have several hundredes of them or more ;-)
Check those amazon links out
My best
Leifur
leifur@simnet.is
PS
I have loads of books on the computer try asking

 
At 18:53, Blogger Minka said...

Leifur, Thank you for that. I replied in an e-mail to you!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com