I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Saturday, April 30, 2005

A little update...

We finally got ADSL, such an amazing thing to be warped from 52KB to 11MB. Things are happening more quickly now on my screen and the phone bill will not be awaited with anxiety next month. I guess I am supposed to say: "Ég frelsaðist þann 24 apríl 2005".
Living in Hamraborg has its advantages. We have a Breiðband connection and I can zip through about 30 channels. Compared to previously watching two channels, mainly featuring Gísli Marteinn or any reality show that America has made ... I feel like a kid in the toy store. Weirdly enough my focuses have been on Pro 7 (a German channel) and BBC Food :)
I quit my job at Grund and hope to get a teaching job next autumn. If not...I have interest in organizing the storage room in Hagkaup Kringlan... I am serious!
The flat is coming along and it is very homey by now. A couple of days ago we made a family picture -featuring Tryggvi, our bird and I. Have to find a frame that can pull of such a family. We are very proud indeed.
Otherwise:

"Not always getting what you want, is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck."

Posted by Minka :: 10:15 pm :: 6 Royal Subjects

6 Comments:

At 16:55, Blogger Tryggvi said...

Did I tell u that I am very proud of u for quitting ur job? Well I am. And I am confident of u getting a teaching job in the autumn. At least u will do better than me on the jobfront. If not, the Hagkaup people will be lucky to have u, even if they won't know what hit them...

 
At 20:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ich drücke dir feste die Daumen, dass es mit deinem Traumjob im Herbst klappt!
Kerstin

 
At 10:22, Blogger Minka said...

Danke Kerstin.
Ich bin schon so gespannt auf alles was auf mich zukommt. Ich habe jetzt sogar ein eigenes kleines Studienzimmer wo ich mich dann fuer den Unterricht vorbereiten kann.

 
At 15:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done babe... what will Grund do without you? I have to say I think you were born to organise the storage room at Hagkaup... anything involving meticulous order is totally your cup of tea! You could systematically go through all the Hagkaups in Iceland until each and every one of them is a supermarket the Germans would be proud of!! :-)

 
At 10:49, Blogger Minka said...

It sounds self involved ... But I could make those shelves look like
Helen´s Video alignment wall ;)

 
At 22:35, Blogger Kolbrún said...

Hey you bought a place in Hamraborg?! So did Alla, you know, Italiano Alla :) Funny heh.heh. Congrats on quitting your job, I take it that you have also graduated from HÍ and gotten your teachers certificate so I guess more gratulations are in order. I have just finished my first term as a teacher (well a few days left of exam stuff) but I LOVE IT!! Hope you get a job as one and that you love it too!! Hey talk to Ármúli I believe they are in want of a teacher at the English department next year!!!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com