I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Flower Flower Flower Flower Flower Konudagur

On the 20th of Februray we celebrate 'women´s day' here in Iceland. I know that in Germany it is the 8th of March (Frauentag). This year was very special to me.
First of all, my boyfriend allowed me to jump on his back and carry me to the car after we came out of IKEA. It was so lovely, because he did not mind that people were looking at us. It was a long walk and I enjoyed every second of that piggyback ride ... well, I guess you had to be there!
After I arrived home from my evening shift, a bouquet of flowers was waiting in mom´s kitchen for me... from my father in law. And as according to legend, the introduction to my in-laws was rather challenging, to say the least. But things have shaped up tremendously and now I am just happy to be a part of their family. They are so sweet, once you get beneath the Icelandic frosty exterior.

Posted by Minka :: 12:00 pm :: 1 Royal Subjects

1 Comments:

At 08:56, Blogger Biene said...

Wow! Lucky boyfriend that you are so slim and light. But still, strong, and he seems to be getting suitable for our family. (Crazy like).
Mom

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com