I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

You wanna do something good... Treadmill

and you immediately get punished! In the spirit of ´Take care of your body ´cause you´re stuck with it for the rest of your life!´, I got the insane idea to purchase a ticket to the gym. Do not get me wrong I do not mind the treadmills, it is the aerobics classes I abhore. You have to understand that I am German and as one, I have tremendous difficulty with rhythm, combination movements or any sort of exercise that requires my arms and legs to do something different from each other.
Now there I was in the middle of the room (seeing myself in the mirrow!) with like twenty other people. The whole picture looked like a group of people doing the exact same thing at the right moment...except one. It takes little imagination to guess who that one person was! That was fine by me. After all I know myself fairly well and guessed this would be a challenge for me.
Step Aerobics
My teacher, however, noticed my inability to follow the routine and every time I got a step right she encourigingly smiled at me, lifted her thumbs in my direction and said soemthing like "there you go!". Ain´t that sweet! Naturally the entire class focused on me and I got all out of rhythm again, after having such a difficult time of getting into it. But that is not the worst part. Infront of me was a woman in pink pants doing the exercise like she was born to do this one thing. More importantly: she was over fifty...
Two days later I sit typing this delightful entry with -yes you guessed it- muscle aches in both my legs. But you know what...tomorrow I will go to the same class and try my best to get at least ten moves right. Apparently I take to aerobics like a fish takes to flying...but it shall be done!

Posted by Minka :: 1:36 am :: 1 Royal Subjects

1 Comments:

At 11:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate aerobics classes!! I don't know why exactly... they just don't do it for me. It's so like you to not give up until you've mastered something, so you go girl! But if you don't enjoy it, don't bother... I find the arm movements involved making pancakes and flipping them in the pan is more than enough exercise and then you get the pancakes as a reward when you're done! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com