I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Still fireworks??? Fireworks

When I went to work today people started shooting fireworks into the air AGAIN! After an annoyed period of mumbling something about people not knowing which day it is and never knowing when to stop, I investigated. It came to light that today is the 6th of January and the 13th day after the 24th. Apparently, in Icelend people start celebrating Christmas on the 11th of December (13 days before) and end it on the 6th of January. Anything for an excuse to party I feel. So all the fireworks were intended to say goodbye to the Holidays. You always learn something new.
So, I dragged myself out of my sick bed and decided to rejoin the working force. What a daft idea. At 22 o´clock I had to leave work because everything was very blurry and I apparently made the old ones even more unbalanced than they were when they walked by themselves.

Posted by Minka :: 11:11 pm :: 2 Royal Subjects

2 Comments:

At 10:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's good to see that you are up and about again... albeit a bit more unbalanced! ;-) I was getting worried not seeing any blog entries mein liebling! Yup, any excuse to party in Iceland... makes me so proud!

 
At 20:28, Blogger Biene said...

Sweety, I love yor firework! Looks probably like you on work. That's why everybody is smiling when you are around.

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com