I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Monday, January 24, 2005

Still Blurry...
but my eyes are adjusting to their normal ability of seeing and most importantly: I do not look anymore like something that escaped a horror film.
I saw on Moody Mom´s blog a couple of interesting facts. Some of which I would like to re-write for your amusement.
1.Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
2.The average person´s left hand does 56% of the typing.
3.The shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
4.There are more chickens than people in the world.
5.The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched".
6.All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
7.Almonds are a member of the peach family.
8.Los Angeles´ full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula"
9.A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
10.An ostrich´s eye is bigger than its brain.
11.Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
12.Al Capone´s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
13.The Sesame Street characters Bert and Ernie were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra´s "It´s A Wonderful Life."
14.A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
15.It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
16.In England, the speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
17.The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pockets.
18.The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
19.There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
20."Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.

Well, I guess we all learned something.

Posted by Minka :: 1:12 pm :: 3 Royal Subjects

3 Comments:

At 15:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved those! You can't beat a list of quirky facts for good light entertainment! But it takes the average person 7 minutes to fall asleep? I'm completely jealous! I've always known I wasn't average but I think I'd rather be average if it means falling asleep in 7 minutes... it takes me at least half an hour!!

 
At 16:48, Blogger Biene said...

Thank you! These are facts I have always wanted to know and I will try out sneezing with open eyes and being asleep within seven minutes. My husband is above average, he only needs to put his head on a cushion. And, next time a shark blinks at you, look at the other eye...

 
At 00:10, Blogger Minka said...

Sabine, I´d rather you would not try to sneeze and keep your eyes open. I have heard that they could pop out.
And if I would ever enter the ocean and encounter a shark...his eyes are the last thing I would be focused on (besides aren´t sharks like close to blind and little pilot fishes swim around him and show him the way?-some kind symbiosis?) Nope, it would be the shark´s teeth I would center my attention on!

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com