I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Hot chocolate and pancakes...

This weekend, Tryggvi and I went and met his babysitter. It is always very amusing to hear stories about your loved ones, especially those that are particularly embarassing to them She is- such a lovely woman and since we both live in Iceland we have met unofficially before. I swear every single time I am introduced to someone new I just stare at their faces and wonder where the heck I know them from. You have to be very careful what you say to whom here, you might just be talking to a relative of the person you are speaking about.
Anyways...while we were chatting to her, she made hot chocolate (you know the good stuff with real melted chocolate and hot milk) and the thinnest pancakes I have ever seen. It was so delicious and warm that I started to feel all christmassy inside.
Next day I started to make my own little cook book with recipes from various people. So if anyone of you want to share a great recipe ... I would appreciate it.

Posted by Minka :: 11:45 am :: 3 Royal Subjects

3 Comments:

At 15:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel obliged to mention here that the person we met used to babysit me when I was a child. I do not have a babysitter currently, although it is debatable weather I need one. This person, who is now in her late seventies, is a one of those rare people who just make you feel good in there presence, genuine, always smiling and just plain good people. She is called Tóta and I feel lucky I know her. Ooohh, now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Tryggvi

 
At 08:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tryggvi, I did smile when I read that opening line and wondered whether anyone else would think it was your current babysitter too... still, we only have your word for it that she isn't! ;-) Re the recipes babe... you know I collect great recipes from people too... how domesticated are we? :-) So if I think of a good one, I'll let you know!

 
At 20:35, Blogger Jen said...

Glazed Pecans

This recipe is SO easy to make. It takes maybe 20 minutes at most, plus cooling time. And these things are SCRUMMY! I apologize that I don't have conversions for the measurements :(

2 cups of raw and unsalted pecans
1/4 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of dark rum
2 teaspoons of instant coffee OR 1 teaspoon of instant espresso
1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
a dash of salt

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 15 minutes, until sugar is melted and nuts are well coated. Pour out onto oiled wax paper and separate halves of pecans as they cool.

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com