I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Bridget and the giant hotdog!!!

This weekend I went to see Bridget Jones- The Edge of Reason and was rather surprised. Expecting not to like it very much I went with mixed feelings. I remember seeing the first film and not understanding what all the fuss is about. Ok, there is Hugh Grant and even better, Colin Firth...but it took me several sessions before I appreciated it. Now the second one: I loved straight away...it made me laugh and few films do that. There are just so many times you can laugh at somebody falling down an elevator shaft :) It was just nice and I felt all good when I left the cinema! The weird thing is that sometimes people laugh out loud and I did not know why and at other times, I exploded with laughter only to discover two seconds later I was the only one! I must have a strange sense of humor.
Iceland into Guiness World Records. Finally we have reached the level of fame I always wished for this ice cube. Last weekend Sláturfélagið Suðurlands fashioned a 11.80 meters long hotdog. The bread (20 meters) was supplied by Myllan. It was displayed in Kringlan and people actually ate of it and got some kinda certificate saying that they did. I am so proud. This record beat a 10 meters record somewhere in South America. We have done it, we are making a name for ourselves abroad. I mean seriously, could we become any more American if we tried?

Posted by Minka :: 1:20 am :: 4 Royal Subjects

4 Comments:

At 09:19, Blogger Biene said...

Mammy says:
You forgot to tell that Bill Clinton ate one of those (a short one) when he was last time in Iceland and he said he loved it. World famous hot dog!

 
At 09:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Iceland do have the best hotdogs in the world so this is an appropriate world record to achieve... if slightly gros... people actually ate from it? Yum! I am dying to see the new Bridget Jones film, but naturally Switzerland is yonks behind the rest of the world so it hasn't come out yet... I read the book a couple of years ago but I can't remember what happens... but yes I distinctly remember there not being any falling down elevator shaft moments... and much poorer the book was for it! ;-)

 
At 13:55, Blogger Minka said...

Those elevators ey?

 
At 14:55, Blogger Kolbrún said...

Well, about Bridget ... What I think was my problem with it is that I loved those books sooooo much and it is hard to match that loving feeling with a movie. The expectations are too high. I did laugh terribly at the second one even cried but there were those moments when they sort of dropped the ball and well yes. Hmm. My friend and I used to sometimes laugh beforehand because we sort of knew what was about to happen and I'll admit that in a slapstick kind of way the movie was fun. I mean I know I'm gonna see it again ;)

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com