I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Monday, November 22, 2004

41 states...

My boyfriend and I enjoy the soap FRIENDS so much that last sunday we spent most of the day in bed watching one episode after another.
In series seven everybody tries to make a list of all the states in America. What sounded so easy became a tough trial for most of them. In the spirit of FRIENDS and both of us being slightly bored out of our wits, we decided to make that list.
I ended having around 30 and the boyfriend around 35. Together we had 41 states. We checked a book about English and American culture for the remaining 9 states. We decided to do the quiz again in a month time...
It sounds easier than done and I encourage everybody to do it...just for the hell of it.

Posted by Minka :: 1:20 pm :: 6 Royal Subjects

6 Comments:

At 13:44, Blogger Johnny Newt said...

Hey, there dollface check this site out it's alot of fun!
http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

 
At 13:51, Blogger Minka said...

Wow that was difficult, but I guess I did alright after several tries. I think I have learned a little more about geography over there! Thanx.

 
At 14:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give it a go when I'm next travelling... it sounds to me like a perfect kill-the-time-on-a-plane game... the two states I always think of first are Hawaii and Alaska because they're the only two not attached to the main part but after that, I'm a bit hazy as to what they're all called... is New Jersey a state or a city?... I should know that, it was, after all, named after a place I know a little something about.

 
At 00:05, Blogger Minka said...

New Jersey is a state! Unbelievable but true. I forgot states like Nebraska and Nevada. To my shame I have to admit that I forgot about Tennessee as well!

 
At 05:01, Blogger Jen said...

Did you remember North Carolina? That's where I live :) Only three more days until the hubby and I get a mini-vacation in Asheville! Hurray for Grandparents!

 
At 13:47, Blogger Minka said...

Hi Jen! I hope you will have a lovely vacation. And yes, I remembered North Carolina and I just checked it was 5th on my list!!! I hope you are proud! I put some winter pictures into my album, so you can see some snow.

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com