I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Monday, October 11, 2004

I just had about enough:

Was looking for my favourite shirt, opened my closet and about 3 things feel down simultaneously on my head. Anyone familiar with the feeling that your place is not big enough to store all those things you hold so dear? Better get a bigger place then! NO WAY! The holidays are around the corner and I will get my place spotless. All it needs is a little organization and determination. I found two lovely homepages on the net that might help along the way:

1) http://www.flylady.net
2) http://organizedhome.com

These help you get started, tell you not to be too perfect and just keep it real. But most of all they instruct you in making a little folder for yourself, with pictures, calenders and stuff to keep you at it and create a rountine. Good news for Monika!!! Naturally I have started on the folder thing right away and pushed the cleaning stuff aside until tomorrow :)

Posted by Minka :: 1:44 pm :: 5 Royal Subjects

5 Comments:

At 23:13, Blogger Kolbrún said...

Christ Monika, now you got me thinking about organizing and stuff... ;) by the way, handed in an application in Fjölbrautaskólinn við Ármúla last Friday... one semester temp job because of maternity leave - hope I get it.

 
At 09:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me about it... I am just starting to organise now for the move and that's just not pleasant... things have to be boxed, labelled, stored... and as I go through it all, I am reminded of the absolute crap that we all collect for no reason... so I too am attempting to reorganise my life and get shot of the clutter... it's a huge task but I feel so much better for it already! And imagine this... the other day, I actually found my passport when I needed it!

 
At 10:27, Blogger Kolbrún said...

it's the ultimate experience - to find the passport at the right time.

 
At 12:36, Blogger Minka said...

Ladies, we all know the trouble...but it can be so much fun and a relief when you suddenly discover that you actually can survive without having everything collected around you. Since Tryggvi and I moved in together all of my clutter has been in a storage room and I haven´t once gone into that room to retrieve a valueable item yet. On Friday is my throw away 27 things I do not need. Looking forward to that.

 
At 18:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

27 things I do not need... that's quite a good idea! And yes Kolba... finding the passport when I needed it for the first time in my life was an expereince I will never forget. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com