I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The new look...and Hitler

I decided to change the look of my blogg and chose a new template. Little did I know that all your comments would be lost, once I change it. But life goes on and I will expect you to be just as efficient in the comment department as before. But I like the new look!
In the spirit of life goes on ... German film makers finally made a movie about Hitler. It is called "The Downfall" and depicts Hitler´s final days in the bunker. After 50 years it is the first time that Germans have Adolf Hitler as the main character in a movie. Now people are going beserk, because apart from him being a monster he is also portrayed as having a more human side to him. Now, personally I feel that is ok...but more importantly it is time that Germans start to deal with their guilt and overcome it. That, however, does not imply that we should forget or not learn of our past...it only indicates that instead of living in the past we should focus on the present...and surely enough: people are still getting killed today!

Posted by Minka :: 1:20 pm :: 1 Royal Subjects

1 Comments:

At 16:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice new blog layout babe! :-) I completely agree with you about this film and the whole subject in general but I suppose this is a very sensitive issue that many Germans will still find it hard to come to terms with but it's like anything... talk about it enough and the taboos are broken down and, like you say, people can begin to deal with it better! A positive mental attitude is always the best policy! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Bow Before Your Queen and be Transported HOME!

-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com