I live by:

Weather...it happens!

Everything Monika

adopt your own virtual pet!

Monika's Reads

Visitors

My Button!

Monika Said...

Credits

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Something about being a German: By coincidence I heard about a German film "Goodbye Lenin". It is new and really good. For all of you who can appreciate a film not spoken in English, I recommend it. It knocked me of my feet. The plot: "East Germany, the year 1989: A young man protests against the regime. His mother watches the police arresting him and suffers a heart attack and falls into a coma. Some months later, the GDR does not exist anymore and the mother awakes. Since she has to avoid every excitement, the son tries to set up the GDR again for her in their flat. But the world has changed a lot..." Watching it I was swept away by nostalgia and sang along with old songs no longer heard, I saw myself in there somewhere. So if you get a chance - watch it! If you want to get some more information about it check out : this page.
This one is even better and now the whole thing in English!

Posted by Minka :: 12:29 pm :: 0 Royal Subjects
-------------------------------------


Monika- Made in East Germany


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com